My Manderin's are spawning!

Tracy G

Was so cool to watch! Sorry about the bad pics it was at dusk on the lights hence the spawning! Here is some pics and video to come!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way cool, keep us updated

(edited)

Video is dark but if you watch you can see them go up and dance near the surface.  Their was a bunch of small white looking things all over the tank as its happening so obviously I won't be trying to let them grow but might look into it in the future.  Also my male is a fatty lol.  Nice to know they are healthy 

Edited by Tracy G

Very cool. Great job. I was thinking they were WELL fed. That 4th pic down looks like its saying, i think I ate to much I will just lay here and take a nap!

those are great pictures to show how fat a mandarin is supposed to be. No concave bellies as with most that you see in tanks.

When Sterling Pet was in business, Chris used to have a breeding pair that were so fat, they had wrinkles.

Any chance that you could share those eggs if I brought over a larval snagger for you?

Yeah I am sure we can work something out just have to see how consistent they do it.  I was thinking of setting up something to try to hatch them out but was not expecting it for this time.  

Very cool. Great job. I was thinking they were WELL fed. That 4th pic down looks like its saying, i think I ate to much I will just lay here and take a nap!

Yeah that is the male he is a big boy lol.  Both seem very active and healthy.

those are great pictures to show how fat a mandarin is supposed to be. No concave bellies as with most that you see in tanks.

When Sterling Pet was in business, Chris used to have a breeding pair that were so fat, they had wrinkles.

Thank you I am very happy about them.  Waited about 2 years and made sure to have a good Pod population before getting them.  Funny thing they were not a mated pair but were hanging out together when I purchased them from QR.  Very happy to see them doing well.

Cool.

Wow them jokers are fat! That can't be healthy better get their cholesterol diabetes checked

Yeah I don't think I have a shortage of pods lol.  Maybe I will soon though lol

Well done, sir! Makes me want to get a mandarin again... but I'll wait!

Yeah I am sure we can work something out just have to see how consistent they do it.  I was thinking of setting up something to try to hatch them out but was not expecting it for this time.  

Go for it.  They are supposed to be difficult to raise but you should give it a try.  i'm not ready for eggs now anyway, maybe a few more months.