OH NOOOOO!!! My Tanks Cheeks Are Showing!!!

Gadgets

If you haven't figured it out yet.... I have gone BAREBOTTOM! Why? Just because the look has kind of grown on me and I want to convert it to an SPS dominant tank. I also want more control in my reef. I will see if the grass is reallt greener on the other side. Wish me luvk. I didn't go to sleep until 7:00A.M. but it looks better than before! Water is clearer and I LOVE it! I will get some pics of it this weekend. Have a good one.

Ah....pay no attention to the lack of interest from the DSB rabble :lol:

Hope it works for ya - main key is crud removal as nothing is there to help process it.

Once you go Bare Bottom you don't Go back!!! I originially set-up my 90 gal as BB, due to lack of sand at the time. Clean up is so much easier, I just use a power head to push everything to one side then suck up the crud. I do have a DSB in my sump to help with the Bio filtering.

I think I am going to start a new trend in Reefkeeping. I am going to start advocating the FSB method. Yup, the Full Sand Bed. Basically instead of 6-10" of Deep Sand bed, you just leave 6-10" of no sand at the top. That way you are guaranteed to have plenty of room for the anoxic areas, and with only 10" of water column you can't possibly put enough biological load in there to overload the sand bed. And you get the "ant farm" benefit of being able to watch the stuff in your sandbed.

Who's with me?

PS anyone know where I can get 1000 lbs or so of sand to try this out?

I don't know if I like the look of BB. Maybe it will grow.

A FSB might not be a bad Idea. I would build little tunnles out of pvc and make part of it out of plexi glasss so I can see the fish next to the glass. Is there such thing as mole fish?

I think I am going to start a new trend in Reefkeeping.  I am going to start advocating the FSB method.  Yup, the Full Sand Bed.  Basically instead of 6-10" of Deep Sand bed, you just leave 6-10" of no sand at the top.  That way you are guaranteed to have plenty of room for the anoxic areas, and with only 10" of water column you can't possibly put enough biological load in there to overload the sand bed.  And you get the "ant farm" benefit of being able to watch the stuff in your sandbed.

Who's with me? 

PS anyone know where I can get 1000 lbs or so of sand to try this out?

51686[/snapback]

ROTFLMAO!! Count me in! My wife was wondering why I refused to take the children and instead was laughing at my computer hysterically. Now that I've read the post to her... well, nothing's really changed on her end I suppose... :D