TEK T5 8 54w to 4 54w & 2 D120 LED's

EZTimes

(edited)

PS: Added via "My Media" options in reply window. Let me know if not viewable, etc...

Edited by EZTimes

It helps if you use a hosting site, like Photobucket, to host your images instead of using your WAMAS gallery. Just, FYI :)

I tend to make my posts with pictures from my phone with tapatalk. it's very intuitive and sizes them up perfectly (and gives you options for how big the pictures are)

That looks really good for a DIY light. Are you having any issues with light spread from LED's with having it mounted that close to the water surface?

http://wamas.org/forums/gallery/album/1409-tek-8-t5-to-a-4-t5-2-d120s/

Need to figure out how to copy pictures from my WAMAS gallery to DYI section. In the meantime here is the link to my Gallery.

I updated this thread last week:

http://wamas.org/forums/topic/51621-how-to-set-up-a-wamas-gallery-post-a-picture-embed-a-video/?p=433398&do=findComment&comment=433398

That looks really good for a DIY light. Are you having any issues with light spread from LED's with having it mounted that close to the water surface?

No problem as I prefer the EverGrow LED's close to the water (a few inches) to reduce spillage into the room and seeing the LED's sitting in the chairs is a negative. As to spread D120's are a combination of 90*, 120* Lenses with the option of changing those out (or removing some lens completely) as the setup matures to tweak the coverage.  The D120's just "sit" in the frame and come out very easily. The new 4 54w T5 bulbs do a good job of blending everything and are 2 Actinic and 2 15 K's. I don't think 2 D120's are enough for a 120 (48 x 24 x 24) reef tank even if hung high.

I wonder if I could do this with (4) Gen2 Radions pucks as well. :cool:

The TEK 8 I used is wide enough it insert almost any LED fixture up to about 9" wide without effecting the T5 reflectors using a flush mount approach as shown in final product.  If anybody wants to drop by for pros & cons just drop me a PM.