Apex Outlet configuration

st9z

I am having troubles with configuring the outlet on the EB8. I have plug everything into the top row with the four plugs. The first one on the far left is the return pump, skimmer, media reactor and heater. How do I name the outlets and assign the outlet port for the apex to understand?

The apex automatically assigns outlet port numbers when it detects an eb8

If you go into configuration > Module setup in the apex software, you will see the number assigned to your eb8. Mine for instance is 5

Then the outlets start at the top left as 1 through 4 on the top row, 5 through 8 on the second row.

You can tell which outlet your programming in configuration > outlet setup

The drop down menu always has the port or outlet # in the parenthesis next to the outlet name. Mine are 5_1, 5_2 and so on through 8. Once you select one of those and type in the outlet name it will then display the programmed outlet name in the drop down menu as well for outlets and ports

I see now. Mine starts with EB8_3, so if I want to program top left first plug as my return pump I should select 3_1.

One last question, what about the names of the outlet that ends in cntl_M3? Are these a specific port that stays on constantly?

Most likely those are virtual ports.  One other note.....use outlets 4 and 8 for small pumps...those ports have relays.  So you should move the heater to one of the other ports and save 4 and 8.  Example I use outlet 8 for an Aqualifter pump for my ato....has small power draw.

One last question, what about the names of the outlet that ends in cntl_M3? Are these a specific port that stays on constantly?

Those are created when you add a module from the apex module setup.  Many people will add a module to act as a "dummy" or virtual ports/switches when they add breakout boxes.   That gets into advanced programming.

Oh geez. Thanks for all the info everyone. I was able to get everything up and running now.

Is it possible to program it so that the skimmer comes on from 10PM - 10AM? I tried the following code and it didn't seem to work.

Fallback off
Set off
If Time 22:00 to 23:59 Then ON
If Time 1:00 to 11:00 Then ON

Make sure after configuring the outlet with code like that that you then put the outlet into Auto mode. Otherwise if it is set to On or Off it doesn't run the code.