avast cs3 bubble plate assembly

jacobB89

in the instructions it says

"The groove of the bubble plate should be facing down and the beveled edge of the bubble chamber ring (2) should be facing up"

But I do not see a beveled edge on the chamber ring? so does it matter?

The groove should face downwards to engage with the bubble chamber tube. You can glue the ring to the bubble plate, but don't glue the bubble plate to the chamber tube.

Oh, the bubble ring bevel is very small, just enough to take the edge off the cut acrylic tube.

Thanks just got home and have it in my hand right now it seems to me both sides have a slight bevel is that possible? 

If that is the part Im thinking of, and if it is similar to the one on the cs1 make sure you are using the bubble chamber ring and not the skimmer cup neck which are the same diameter, but different lengths on the cs1.

Other than that, on the cs1 it is just held in place with screws between grooves in the bubble chamber lid and bottom plate, so it seems like you could just try to screw it together to see if it fits both ways, which it probably will.

I just put one of these together, I don't live very far from you so if you need help just let me know and we can get together.

One thing I can tell you is look at all the pictures, label all the parts with numbers and dry fit everything before you apply glue, be generous with the glue or you will be chasing leaks and drips when you fire it up.

If that is the part Im thinking of, and if it is similar to the one on the cs1 make sure you are using the bubble chamber ring and not the skimmer cup neck which are the same diameter, but different lengths on the cs1.

Other than that, on the cs1 it is just held in place with screws between grooves in the bubble chamber lid and bottom plate, so it seems like you could just try to screw it together to see if it fits both ways, which it probably will.

Its the smaller in length of the 2 it just seems like they both have a slight bevel on the edge.

I just put one of these together, I don't live very far from you so if you need help just let me know and we can get together.

One thing I can tell you is look at all the pictures, label all the parts with numbers and dry fit everything before you apply glue, be generous with the glue or you will be chasing leaks and drips when you fire it up.

Yea I've already started this was the part I stopped at. Probably will do more tomorrow or tonight. Just went out and got some tape for the cone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have been using a good amount of glue I hope its enough lol. I think the cone will be the worst part of them all lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This is the only pic I could find in my build, but maybe it will be helpful?

We bevel all the tube edges so they aren't sharp.

No need to go overboard on the cone glue. Just run a nice consistent line. Practice on a piece of paper to get a feel for the glue tip. You may need a pin to open the tip if the glue dries in it between uses.

Cone was not that bad for me on the CS1. 

I used the collection cup cylinder to hold the cone closed while gluing before assembling the collection cup.  It slid down and held the cone basically closed, then I put glue all along the inside of the cone seam with some extra painters tape on the outside to keep everything steady.  Waited an hour and took it all off and did a generous bead of glue down the outside of the seam and called it done.

Cone was not that bad for me on the CS1. 

I used the collection cup cylinder to hold the cone closed while gluing before assembling the collection cup.  It slid down and held the cone basically closed, then I put glue all along the inside of the cone seam with some extra painters tape on the outside to keep everything steady.  Waited an hour and took it all off and did a generous bead of glue down the outside of the seam and called it done.

Yes, except you can even skip right to the painters tape and build the collection cup at the same time (despite what our directions say :) )

I didn't use enough glue on the side of the cone or attaching the cone to the base so had to reglue a couple of times until I managed to get it right.  If you don't get the cone itself watertight it will spray water out of the pinholes when you put it under pressure...lol