Acclimatization of QT fish to DT

mling

Do the usual rule of acclimatization apply when you move a fish from QT to the DT ?  This is a new fish from a LFS so QT was just for observation of possible diseases.

The salinity in my QT and DT are the same, so is the temp.    I am wondering if it would be less stressful for the QT fish to go straight to the DT, versus being transferred via another container.

For those that QT fishes, what's your practice ?

(edited)

I would do a short and fast acclimation. 15 minutes with a fast drip.

Actually maybe 30 minutes with a medium drip. My concern is the fish coming from a store and not your home, even though it was in QT.

Sent from my toaster using tapatalk2

Edited by Squishie89

No acclimation at all. My qt is fed from my display tank and I change it frequently, just scoop, quick fresh saltwater rinse and in they go

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

i'm confused does your QT tank pump back into your DT?

if so it's not really a QT tank, maybe I missed something so I wont jump on a soap box about it however I have rushed the QT process before and well let's just say it didn't end well for me

Never again lol

i'm confused does your QT tank pump back into your DT?

if so it's not really a QT tank, maybe I missed something so I wont jump on a soap box about it however I have rushed the QT process before and well let's just say it didn't end well for me

Never again lol

No, my QT and DT tanks are totally separate.   Maybe your comment was meant for dread240, he seems to have his QT connected to his DT, kind of does not make sense to me too.

I pump water from DT to the QT, and pump water from the QT down the drain

I presume you QT everything, corals and fish, etc. in order to prevent anything for hitting your DT in that case?

(edited)

I presume you QT everything, corals and fish, etc. in order to prevent anything for hitting your DT in that case?

you got it, though invert/coral setup doesn't stay up all the time, 20L i use for fish is always up and running whether something is in it or not

I lost my entire tank to velvet many many moons ago.. I will not go through it again. I've probably lost more fish getting stressed out from a bare QT tank or when I'm doing tank transfer then had diseases but I'd rather not take the chance

Edited by dread240

I lost my entire tank to velvet many many moons ago..

It only takes once to learn for most.

No, my QT and DT tanks are totally separate.   Maybe your comment was meant for dread240, he seems to have his QT connected to his DT, kind of does not make sense to me too.

Yes it was sorry

I have been keeping my fish in Hypo for around 4-6weeks without any signs and then raise the salinity and watch another 7-10 days. 

dont know if that's the best way or not 

I'm no expert, but I did rush the process before and lost a lot of fish because of it. 

of course it's always the final fish that you introduce to your tank lol.

sorry I got distracted and forgot to answer your question, it sounds like they will be fine with the immediate transition from 1 tank to another, as long as your sure that the fish is G2G

Good luck