Baltimore Aquarium

javelin911

We have found Superbowl Sunday to be a great day to go and we are going to go again this year.  We went last year and it was not very crowded. But Baltimore was playing in the SB so that may have been a factor.

Good luck, membership is worth it to avoid lines if you go more than once in a year.  Also, they don't allow strollers inside.  I don't know your kid's ages, but it can be kind of a schlep with little ones because of the no strollers.  They provide kid backpacks where you can wear a kid, but I found it to be excruciating.

I went soon after Black Tip Reef opened last year. You'll like it! If you arrive at or by 9:30 am or 10am, your life will be easier as it'll probably be packed because of the holiday.

I have done the backpack thing many times. Even did the ship and sub with a kid in the backpack. Just remember the kid when ducking. It just not your head.

Edited by kngfisher

(edited)

I did not take any pictures that were very good, but here are a couple.

I don't think I got the Sea Turtle in the picture, but they have a 3 finned sea turtle weighing in at ~550lbs (HUGE for a sea turtle).

DBA8ACA6-E68A-4480-9A4D-BF644444A556.jpg

Let me know if you cant scroll and see all 11 pics.

06594C63-C31E-4B86-8D39-011D2665D280.jpg

Edited by javelin911

Apparently Calypso (the sea turtle) really like to hang out on the bottom of the new Blacktip reef under a over hang and nap. You can usually find her in the underwater viewing area for the new exhibit on the left most window napping.