APEX coding

GaryL

Ok so i have had an apex for a long time....

A) i suck at programming it.

B) i want to look at it from my computer

c) can anyone offer a sample code for light cycle, skimmer, fuge light etc 

d) is it better to look at it from my computer eeze? 

e) can i make it wi-fi compatible? 

f) shoot me?

lol i have read a ton of info and got kinda confused so when i programmed the outlet for my skimmer for some reason it would cycle on off on off... :blast:  :hammer:

any help would be appreciated

Actually I just did Scott a little after I posted this. They are much better than the ones that came with the controller... A few months ago I looked online and the links were all broken. I have printed some out and will give it a go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Neptune forums are quite good.  Happy to help get you started if you're having problems though.  Regarding viewing on the computer, I take it you have not hooked it up to a network?  I accomplished this by using a wifi game adapter.  I picked up one of these used on ebay: http://www.amazon.com/TRENDnet-Wireless-Gaming-Adapter-TEW-647GA/dp/B0024G48VA  If you are lucky enough to be within cabling distance, just run a cable and be done with it.

Once you configure it to be on the network, and view the IP address on the display, you can login to the Apex via web browser.  The skimmer ought to be quite simple.  Something like this:

Fallback ON 
Set ON 
If Outlet Return_Pump = OFF Then OFF 
Defer 002:00 Then ON 

I have it wait 2 minutes so that if the return is off, and it goes back on, the skimmer doesn't kick on immediately.  2 minutes should be enough time for my return to clear out the sump, and the siphon overflow to restart.  Note that I don't turn the skimmer off when I feed.  You can, but I don't really care to do that, nor do I turn off the return.  Eat fast fishies and coral, or don't eat at all :laugh:

Edited by wangspeed

ok i ran an ethernet cable and a bridge one goes to my tv and the other goes to the Apex. looks like i got it kinda working the way i want to. my dashboard still hast the old setup even after i updated to the newest firmware. 

at first i could only look at it if i typed the IP addy in my browser. then i figured how to update the firmware and it let me used the client on my computer. 

kinda glitchy but i think it is my fault. so i will tinker around with it for a while. 

(edited)

ok i found on the firmware installer it has a button to update webpages. so now you can play with the dashboard and configure different dashboards by moving tiles and saving up to 4 different ones.  the only problem i see is that it works best with Explorer...chrome makes it all garbled. i havn't tried FF or safari yet.

Edited by GaryL

(edited)

Here is a new pic of the dashboard which I haven't played with. It looks fine in safari on my iPhone 6u6yguja.jpg not the best pic i might add lol

Edited by GaryL

Correct worm but before i updated web page in my firmware updater it was only showing the old school dash board... Which was boring lol

Yeah it was. I had to do the web update a few times as it kept failing. But I am all good since it came out.

Looks like the time zone issue fixed my losing time issue. It was default to -9 and I set it to -5 on Sunday and it has not lost time yet

• 2 months later...

Ok I'm late to the game but I figured out if you want to see your dashboard app outside of your home network you'll have to set up port forwarding and use your computers IP address . In iPhone app you can set up 2 programs with different IP addresses to pull it up. Posted Image

That's the only way I could get it to work from my phone when I'm not hooked to the Wi-fi. One uses the apex's actual 10.0.0.23 address and one uses my computer's IP

why do you have Apex and then Apex external?

I had to do the same thing in order to access it locally on my wifi and then when I was away from my network.