Interceptor Treatment

fscbishop

I found red bugs on a couple of my acros. Sucks but I am picking up some inceptor Monday from a local vet to cure it. Anyone that got a acro from me check, as I got it from someone, could have been a lfs or member not sure. But judgment day will be Monday night when I kill these son of a guns

Edited by Coral Hind
title correction

My judgment night is tonight with interceptor. I'll let you know how mine turns out.

Just a word of caution... if the active ingredient in this new interceptor is milbemycin oxime (I believe it is?), then you might not get rid of your bugs.  Anecdotally, I have noticed increased resistance of the Tegastes red bugs to milbemycin oxime, causing me to switch medications and look for alternative sources.  (as far as I know, there is yet to be another safe, in-tank treatment option)

So, go ahead and use the Interceptor, but please be mindful that you might not kill them all.  Monitor your corals carefully and look for reinfestation(s).

Good luck,

Mike

turned the air off my skimmer and in it goes, now just wait, add carbon, water change and should be Good to Go until this weekend for treatment 2

I waited 18 hours before turning my stuff back on. I can't find a red bug anywhere in the tank. I just did my water change about an hour ago. Ready for this, upon looking very close for any red bugs I found I have a ton of red planaria flatworms. Interceptor obviously doesn't do anything to them. So I siphoned as many as I could during water change and gonna dose prazipro tomorrow night hopefully. Anyone see any problems dosing these meds so close together?

9 and half hour treatment, lost my acro crab. No red bugs in sight. Carbons on and 15 gal water change and skimmer is running wet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk