ERC layout for d2040s - Outstanding

steveoutlaw

I just got my D2040s from ERC using their standard layout.  I was very hesitant with the greens and reds in there, but I didn't want to wait the extra time for the custom layout so I just went with the standard.  They hit it out of the park with this thing.  I put them on the tank and turned to blues on to 100% and the whites on to 75%.........I don't think I need to mess with them anymore!!  It's giving me an awesome 20K look that I would equate to the Radium MH bulbs I used to run.

So if you're thinking of ordering a custom layout, just go with the standard layout instead.  There is enough play to get any desired color that you want.

Thanks to ERC and Marcos.

I can't agree with you enough. With the IT2080's I went with the standard layout as well, and considered I could change colors out as I wanted/needed. I've yet to even consider a change. Glad to hear you are happy with them!

I just got my D2040s from ERC using their standard layout.  I was very hesitant with the greens and reds in there, but I didn't want to wait the extra time for the custom layout so I just went with the standard.  They hit it out of the park with this thing.  I put them on the tank and turned to blues on to 100% and the whites on to 75%.........I don't think I need to mess with them anymore!!  It's giving me an awesome 20K look that I would equate to the Radium MH bulbs I used to run.

So if you're thinking of ordering a custom layout, just go with the standard layout instead.  There is enough play to get any desired color that you want.

Thanks to ERC and Marcos.

Just picked up mine today from Marcos.  Thoroughly impressed thus far.  Can't wait to hang this bad boy up.

I haven't been keeping up.  Where are those configs posted?  They're not on the ERC webpage.

Standard layout is provided at the bottom of the GB page here

My layout differs slightly from what ERC went with, and I used an reefbreeders layout, thanks for bringing that to my attention!

thanks steve for posting up. hopefully others have similarly pleasant experiences. and yes, the standard ERC layout can be seen/reviewed via the GB thread that isaac posted. for those not aware, the ERC standard layouts are immediately available (ships usually within 1 day of payment) vs a custom layout that goes through design and testing and building. hope everyone keeps enjoying their fixtures!

I'm loving mine!!! Another shout out to ERC and Marcos. I did a custom layout that when both channels are on equally, looks 20K to my eyes, which is what I was gunning for. I am very impressed with these lights and the price, too. But regardless of price, I think these lights are awesome. Comes with hanging kit and carabiners, too.