First Frag Tank

John Ford

I know its nothing that would ever show up in a magazine but... 

Reef eScape had given a 20 gallon deep Blue aquarium away due to a chip in its frame. Lucky me, I was close enough when I saw it posted. I stopped by and grabbed it. I had enough spare items laying around I was able to patch the crack and put together a frag tank. It only has a couple evos for circulation. Some rock I took out of my display when I added my new dry rock. A fluval heater and a deep blue fixture a buddy gave me because the 2 ballast fried in it. (what a pain those were to get to) Being an electrician i refused to look up the Manual for that :P I dont know that it will be up and running long enough to ever need a skimmer but I dont have one, so it wont get one. 

photo5_zpsa1d4e07e.jpg

The main reason I set it up was to separate my Watermelon Zoas from my Radioactive dragon Zoas. I think I got it :)

watermelon_zps3ba8c669.jpg

Now I have a few of these Ill give away here soon

radioactive2_zpsa477fd5a.jpg

Radioactive1_zps2a0d8da1.jpg

• 1 month later...

You always have to start somewhere...looking good far, hows the growth been?

Curious also, wondering how you like it, not having it hooked up to your main Tank's Water.... Better or Worse growth? About the same? Do you use your water from that Main Tank's change, to put in the Frag Tank??? Sorry for the '?'s.lol