1/2 inch glass

wildcrazyjoker81

Anyone here on the forums have a hookup for 1/2 glass? When hanging my lights they dropped and broke both of the ABS Plastic braces on my glass 150G and now am going to have to do a eurobrace style setup with glass. I am planning on 2X 3 inch wide 17 inch long strips. since there was 2 braces to begin with and it will allow me to minimize the shading with a the lights I have now.

I can't remember where I saw it, but there was someone that cut out the black plastic brace, and replaced it with a clear piece or acrylic. He trimmed it back just far enough to drill a couple holes and fit the clear plastic piece with plastic bolt and nut. If your braces broke toward the middle you should be able to pull this off pretty easily.

i dont know much about a hookup on glass but i've quoted different glass projects a few times with the top four or five shops in the area and dulles glass and mirror is always the cheapest and they have next day turn-around on all my projects for tempered and non, polished edges. give them a ring if you cant find anything better.

Bad timing, i just threw a bunch away last Friday. Hopefully someone has a cracked tank you can cut up and use. If not a local shop could cut that for you, not that expensive.

That sucks. Yeah I may have to go that route. I got a couple of quotes yesterday and they were kinda high. The only one that was decent (don't remember the name at the moment) said it is a 10-14 day turnaround.

i dont know much about a hookup on glass but i've quoted different glass projects a few times with the top four or five shops in the area and dulles glass and mirror is always the cheapest and they have next day turn-around on all my projects for tempered and non, polished edges. give them a ring if you cant find anything better.

I will check them out as I have to get this tank back up and running ASAP. Thanks!!

I will check them out as I have to get this tank back up and running ASAP. Thanks!!

sure thing. before you call actually shoot me a pm with the dimensions and i'll see if i can order for you to get the GC rate and you can pay me and pick up from them at your leisure.

Edited by monkiboy