APEX firmware 4.30

javelin911

Anyone updated yet?

This will be my first firmware update on the APEX so just want to see how it goes for others first.

Doesn't sound like the cloud portion is available yet, but it will use this firmware...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I wonder if this will fix my outlet issue...?

The #8 outlet won't work no matter what I plug into it. Emailed Neptune Support, and should get a reply on Monday.

I wonder if this will fix my outlet issue...?

The #8 outlet won't work no matter what I plug into it. Emailed Neptune Support, and should get a reply on Monday.

Unplug your outlet from the wall. Wait a few minutes and plug back in a try again. I had that happen to me once on one of the mechanicals and the unplugging trick worked for me.

Just updated mine and only issue so far is getting into the in network setup.  When you go online works perfectly but in network still does not show dashboard anymore.

Unplug your outlet from the wall. Wait a few minutes and plug back in a try again. I had that happen to me once on one of the mechanicals and the unplugging trick worked for me.

No joy.

Are the profiles any different? One of the features I want is the ability to do nicer light profiles by doing points on a graph instead of the terrible way it is done now.

Are the profiles any different? One of the features I want is the ability to do nicer light profiles by doing points on a graph instead of the terrible way it is done now.

Lighting Profiles still look the same. I think the big lighting changes come with the new. WXM and AI modules. Of course the big deal will be when they "cloud". all of this in a few weeks. Looks like big things are in the works.

In the mean time, little additions like being able to directly see switch status, and the ability to name switches are really nice.

Well this stinks.  I don't own a computer that has an ethernet port.  It won't let me update the firmware via a wireless connection.  Nice.

Edited by Orion

Well this stinks. I don't own a computer that has an ethernet port. It won't let me update the firmware via a wireless connection. Nice.

Ipad?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Ipad?

Macbook Pro - 

All new Mac laptops are now made without an ethernet port.

Do they have docking stations available?

They do sell a USB to ethernet adaptor.  I had one, just can't find it.

Lol i just said to my kids" hey what do i say when you can't find something"? And they both yelled "keep track of your own stuff!!!"

Haaaaaaa

Macbook Pro - 

All new Mac laptops are now made without an ethernet port.

What a drag. The future ain't what it used to be...

Lol i just said to my kids" hey what do i say when you can't find something"? And they both yelled "keep track of your own stuff!!!"

Haaaaaaa

Very funny Jenn.... Send your kids over here to find the darn thing!

What a drag. The future ain't what it used to be...

Or Neptune is just living in the past with ancient programming :)

Or Neptune is just living in the past with ancient programming :)

Better watch out! If they created an upgrade to update via wireless will end up costing more than the adapter will ;)

Sorry for blowing this off topic, what is this update meant to do, is it worth rushing over to do?

Well this stinks.  I don't own a computer that has an ethernet port.  It won't let me update the firmware via a wireless connection.  Nice.

I just did the update over wifi. Worked perfectly and faster than using Ethernet. I just upgraded to the new MBP retina and the new Airport Extreme. Wifi update was a breeze. I guess they don't recommend it because it can become an issue for people without a reliable wireless connect or crappy router. You should just give it a go if you have a decent router. Hope this helps.

I just did the update over wifi. Worked perfectly and faster than using Ethernet. I just upgraded to the new MBP retina and the new Airport Extreme. Wifi update was a breeze. I guess they don't recommend it because it can become an issue for people without a reliable wireless connect or crappy router. You should just give it a go if you have a decent router. Hope this helps.

I have the same router and laptop. I'll give it a shot.

Was hesitant to do the update over wireless when it gave a big warning saying specifically not to do it over wireless

So far i am uninterested in installing it, even though I thought i would jump on it. Naming changes are purely cosmetic and not functional at all. I dont have any of the new modules, and i am capable of finding help on the internet instead of a menu. Looks like zero functional changes for non AI or ecotech owners.

I would have loved changes to the awful profile scheme where every change in a ramp slope requires another profile creation and another edit of the programming of the outlet that uses it, or change the marginally functional programming language if you want a good enhancement.

I have the same router and laptop. I'll give it a shot.

Was hesitant to do the update over wireless when it gave a big warning saying specifically not to do it over wireless

Going to hold off. Neptune wants me to send in my EB8 for a repair on the #8 outlet. Trying to get them to send an advanced replacement so I don't have any down time.

I am planning on doing this today.  While I was out of town last week my Apex stopped communicating with reeftronics and I couldn't log in remotely.  My IP is correct - it pings and traces just fine.  It is either my Apex or my wifi connector.  Will patch today and see how it goes and hope to get my internet connectivity back!

Related topic:  My Reeflink has been working pretty well. Just waiting for Ecotech to get the vortechs programmable by it and put out the android app.