My spec v sps build

hawkfish01

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ordered my pump upgrade ( marineland 606) that should help flow some(120+ gph)... Bext will be new koralia(if needed) and in tank media rack... Tank starting to clear some... Also should i ecen bother putting lite on or just leave it iff until ready to populate w/coral,etc? Too bad adam is having black friday sale this friday... Or should i say i should have done this earlier so i could be stocking coral now instead if january at earliest....8(

Sorry..next will be new koralia and should i even bother putting on lite or leave off...cold fingers from working outside....

Well,media basket pre ordered and will b sent when arrives to in tank..and my pump will b here tuesday...yaaa! Now i need to replug the slit in the front plate..i had but for some reason unplugged it after i had plugged it..dont ask me why....momentary stupidity???8)

I'm going to be interested to see how yours goes.  It's a nice little mini-peninsula tank that sure would look nice on my desk at work.

Well..shame on me..i put my free frag from irc in my cycling sps tank..very short light cycle so i can set light intensity..yep,lay it on me..but better a freebie than an xpensive tyree sps ir simething aling those lines..but it will be the only one i put in until ready..

Heres some new pics of tank..moved the koralia 240,replaced stock pump with marineland 606;much better circulation...yes,that is a frag in the tank,its the freebie $10 from adam at incredible corals.. But its the only one going in until tank is cycled;its a week cycling on sunday 12/1....Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So when should i start feeding the tank and when should i start testing for ammonia,etc??

Well,week 1 down for cycling;heres test results: using salifert tests:

Carb/alk:12.5

Phos.:0

Ammonia:0.5

Nitrate:100ppm(this shocked me,bright magenta!)

So how am i doing so far???? First time ice really had to cycle a tank,but i want to do right...8)

I can use my brothers api kit for nitrites..didnt pick up one on friday at adams and should have.. Thought i had it but turned out to be trates..should have listened to my little voice..no,not ghost feeding..should i be???and how much and what kind if food should i use?

All i have in this tank right now for filtration is phosban abd purigen and filter pad.. Waiting for media rack to put in chemipure..

Well i broke down(8) ) and got some live rock rubble and put into tank to help seed dry rocks..also got some bio start/start up at marine scene..employee said to use one-2 vial dose and check parameters in 1 week,should see results ..if not use again..folks were cery helpful in answering my ?'s...great folks...8)

Ok...i think this is my diatom bloom...what next?water change and monitor as i slooowwllyy add my corals?? Starting with couple zoas and lps..add sps after little more mature...Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

So just check my params as i have every sunday.. And ride out the bloom? When would i be able to add some lps or zoas and maybe a couple little hermits??