Someone ate my Zoas

monkeymanolo

I just purchased some Zoa frags the other day and it looks like something in my tank has taking a liking to them. I missed it happening so i was wondering if anyone could help me figure out the culprit. This is what I have...

Emerald crab

Blue legged hermits

Mexican Turbos and Ceriths

Salefin and Yellow tang

One spot foxface (ive read this guy could be the problem)

clowns

dottybacks, bi color and strawberry

blue velvet damsel

yellowtail damsel

3 stripe damsels

no shrimp

Probably is the foxface, if they arent fed enough the will most certainly eat zoas.. I would add algae sheets frequently and he should stop eating them..  Could also be asterina starfish, as they are known to eat zoas as well..

Also you have a sailfin tang, not salefin.

are all of them off the frag plug or just a few missing on each frag plug?

I know that some people buy zoas and they melt away over night...I haven't had it happen but I have heard it from others

Sailfin... I knew that..

Ive had them 3-4 days, they seemed to be doing fine, not opening up as much but not withering away either. Last night I worked late, got home late so the fish werent fed as much. 3 frag plugs, one was left alone, one was left with only 1 polyp and the other one completely gone. Im taking out the foxface tonight and putting the Zoas in QT or a nano. Might possibly sell the foxface. 

Tangs are usually pretty safe around zoas. They are pretty good at pecking around the polyps, removing any algae from the plugs....