This is my ramping schedule for Blue lights:

If Time 10:00 to 12:00 Then RampUpBl
If Time 12:01 to 20:00 Then MidDayBl
If Time 20:01 to 22:00 Then RampDnBl

and white lights:

If Time 12:00 to 14:00 Then RampUpWh
If Time 14:01 to 18:00 Then MidDayWh
If Time 18:01 to 20:00 Then RampDnWh

Moon lights are on for an hour between 22:01 and 23:00.....

I ramp blue from 15% to 90% then 90% to 15%.  I ramp white 10% to 75%, then back down.  Then MidDay stays on at 75%.  

So my white lights are ramped up for 2 hours, stay on at 75% for 4 hours, then ramp down for 2 hours.  Blues are basically the same but ramp to 90%.  I think I need more hours of white light and less with blue, so I'm considering ramping for an hour, have MidDay stay on 8 hours, then ramping down for another hour. 

What is everyone else's lighting scheme?  For those who don't have them on a controller, how long are your lights on?  

Thanks all.....

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have googled this, and it seems everyone is different.  No rule of thumb here.  Some have their lights on 24/7 (moon lights for 12 hours a day, then blues/whites on for 12 hours a day).  Others like you run them a mere 5-6 hours a day.  This is why I decided to post this thread.  Anyone else?  :)

No rule of thumb.  You'll find what works for you and your tank.  I have a Radion over my tank, and like to keep the light schedule as close to natural as possible.  It's a 12 hour "day" that starts at 8am, ramps up slowly to 50% brightness (Radions are powerful - peaks at 2pm), then slowly ramps down, and shuts off at 8pm.  There is a 2 hour moon light that will come on after 8pm depending on the lunar cycle. :)  Yeah I know, I am a geek.

I have two radion pro and i am using the pre configure template that ecotech have I run them at 75% intensity and they are on from 2pm-10pm.and then the moon light are on depending on the lunar cycle also.

I have 3 d120s over my tank and I have the blues on each unit come on every 15 minutes and then the whites every 15 minutes after that.  I just reverse it going off.  No ramping up or down.  First blues on at 9am and the last blues off at 9pm.

currently i have 2 d120s, also i dont ramp up nor down like steve...though I have my blues on for 2 hours before my whites (blues at 80%) then whites on for 5 hours at 65%, then blues back in at 80% for 2 hours...and 3 wee little blue LEDs for moonlights

I have a DIY 360w LED setup broken into five banks of LEDs. I stagger each bank to create a sunrise/sunset, running each for 7.25 hours. I don't ramp up or down. I was going to initially, but this is easier and seems to work well. 

Edited by Jason Rhoads

You don't need the mid day profiles.  They will ramp up for the "Ramp Time" specified and then stay at the End Intensity the rest of the time.  So for example, you can change that first set to be:

If Time 10:00 to 20:00 Then RampUpBl

If Time 20:01 to 22:00 Then RampDnBl

Streamline your code so it's less confusing later on...

My blues are from 3:30-12:30AM and whites from 4:30-11:30.  Contrary to popular belief, I don't get to enjoy my tank during the work day very much and I'm also night owl.

I have three channels on my DIY LED, UV (maxes at 50%) and White (max at 75%) follow the same schedule, with Blue (max at 90%) coming on 1 hour before and staying on 1 hour later.  2 hour ramp time. No moon lights.

If Time 09:00 to 11:00 Then UVup
If Time 11:00 to 17:00 Then UVmid
If Time 17:00 to 19:00 Then UVdown

If Time 08:00 to 10:00 Then BlueRise
If Time 10:00 to 18:00 Then MidDayBl
If Time 18:00 to 20:00 Then BlueSet

I used to run Blue at 85% and White at 80%, but I seem to be getting a better response now and I'm liking the colors better.

• 1 month later...

My stormx is very handy for ramping my nanobox. I do 180 minute morning and evening ramp for blues, the whites, reds, cyans and uv (1 channel) are staggered to do the same ramp about 2 hrs later. Love it!

Using the seasons with apex vdm on ai lights where it ramps up at start of the day and ramps down at end. Both ramps are 60 minutes duration. Also have clouds and storms randomly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Using the seasons with apex vdm on ai lights where it ramps up at start of the day and ramps down at end. Both ramps are 60 minutes duration. Also have clouds and storms randomly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I do the random clouds on the lowest setting on my stormX.  See a cloud about every 20-30 minutes which is great.   I have the second channel (white, UV, cyan, red) as the only one with clouds, the blues never get clouds.

I turned off the lighting toggle it was annoying.