Any way to seal a leak without emptying a tank?

Hilary

Argh.  Woke up this morning to find water on the kitchen counter and the floor - my glass 3 gallon pico has developed a leak along one of the bottom seams.  I know I'm supposed to empty and dry it for the sealant to work, but if there is a trick to fixing it without removing everything I'd love to hear it - this, of course, is my happiest tank and I hate to disturb everything.  

Ummmmm not as a permanent fix but you could use some quick dry epoxy if you can squeeze it into the crease where the two panes meet on the exterior...possibly...I've had super glue gel hold for a few weeks this way also if the leak is really slow...

if its only a 3 gallon pico, I would re-build it right away and use buckets or maybe buy a 5 gallon tank to hold your lifestock while you fix the tank.. I suggest if you go this route, transfer all rocks, coral, fish and water to the 5 gallon and leave the sand (clean it later and re-use it).

I know that you really hate the prospect of taking it apart, Hilary, but that may be the only real course forward for a lasting solution. If there's a chance that you can get another, identical tank. Then take a picture and print it out. Then transfer it all over to the new tank in one sitting. Fix the old tank up and use it for something else downstream.

Yea, ordered a new one.  Sigh.  I just hate to mess with a happy tank that's been running for about 4 years now.   :unsure: Of course this happens when I'm planning to be out of town for the weekend.  Good news is that it didn't spring the leak after I left.