Mitras LX 6200

rottloverr

are you interested in saving some or a ton of money by looking at other lights that will grow your corals equally or better than those two options? or are you set in your ways about those two options?

Edited by monkiboy

I haven't had any problems with my D120's ...

And will be buying one if not 2 more for my tank upgrade in the next month or 2..

It all comes down to personal preference, there are so many LED units out there that spending $300 per unit, and needing 3 or 4, makes no sense to me..when in 3 years or so I would probably want new lighting that can be controlled wirelessly with something like the new box that came out at MACNA this year...

I'd recommend getting the D120's or the IT series. Save big in this department now.

+1

I use two of the IT series lights over my 150, I can say for me they have been bang for the buck. I have noticeable SPS growth from the past 4 months with standard layouts. I don't keep anything that's considered advanced, but I know there are a lot of non believers with the LEDS, which is why I mention it. I don't think you'll find a cheaper option that keeps up, if not surpasses some of the contenders, JMHO.

Any other feedback regarding LEDs would be appreciated. I've read several posts on RC about people saying they thought the LEDs made in China were cheaply made. Thoughts?

Anyone using Radion PROs or Mitras that would like to comment?

The only catch is D120 is made in China. Don't know about the quality and heating issue.

Why is that a catch? I have a D120 and there are hobbyists a plenty using Evergrow lights. The D120's now come w/ heat sink in addition to fans. There's no heat issue.

Any other feedback regarding LEDs would be appreciated. I've read several posts on RC about people saying they thought the LEDs made in China were cheaply made. Thoughts?

Anyone using Radion PROs or Mitras that would like to comment?

Did you read this thread?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2256795

What's been suggested are by Evergrow or Reefbreeders, which are the US distributors. There's been very little, if any, negative feedback regarding those products. Not all Chinese LED products are created equal.