ATO and apex

fscbishop

I use the defer statements so the pump is not turning on and off as much and to minimize the minor turbulence in sump.  I also use a aqua lifter.  Been turning on about every 3-4 hrs for 3-5 mins.

Fallback OFF 
Set OFF 
If Switch1 CLOSED Then ON 
Defer 002:00 Then ON 
Defer 003:00 Then OFF 
Min Time 020:00 Then OFF

• 2 weeks later...

I use the defer statements so the pump is not turning on and off as much and to minimize the minor turbulence in sump.  I also use a aqua lifter.  Been turning on about every 3-4 hrs for 3-5 mins.

Fallback OFF 
Set OFF 
Defer 002:00 Then ON 
Defer 003:00 Then OFF 
Min Time 020:00 Then OFF

I am about to set up my ATO's ...

Talk to me like I am a 4 year old on this stuff....

so if I used the above program it would run over the course of 24 hours when needed but only in 5 minute increments correct? 

My big tank is evaporating about 3- 3 1/2 gallons a day and the smaller tank a little over 2 gallons....if I used this program would it be able to keep up with that amount using a BRS 50 ml dosing pump?

What this does it this....

Fallback OFF 

Set OFF 

Defer 002:00 Then ON  (The float switch has to remain in the closed state for 2 mins before the ATO pump turns on.  This eliminates float bouncing activation)

Defer 003:00 Then OFF (This Keeps the pump running for an additional 3 mins before turning off)

Min Time 020:00 Then OFF ( Will not turn on again for at least another 20 mins)

There are several different ways to setup ATO's - depending on single float or double float - dosing with ATO etc.  You can also use OSC setting to only run for specific times if you want to do that.....many choices.

Edited by rrbigdog

Here is an example of a simple two float programming from their website..... They have many examples.

http://forum.neptunesystems.com/archive/index.php/t-34.html

Gawd I'm a dummy for not searching for that there

thanks

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That's what I do.

how do I deal with the ATO and wc?  Do i just turn the ato to off while I do the change and then go back to auto?

I just leave mine on. I use the OSC command in my setup so the most it'll run is 3 or 4 minutes at a time. And unless I dump water all over the floor like I did today, it's usually a pretty quick process :)

so I have an ATO that is plugged into a PM1 and the Apex sees it and the switch goes from open to closed. When I blow on it the switch doesn't go back to open so it just keeps the ATO stuck on.

I have tried unplugging and replugging yadda yadda yadda...

Could I have a faulty ATO?

If you are using a small lifter pump it should be plugged in either plug 4 or 8

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Can you hear a faint click in the switch when you blow on it?  It should click once when you pressurize it, and again when you let the pressure go.

nope no clicking at all...I tried all sorts of blowing LOL..and nada.

The one I have on the other tank was so easy and perfect lol..this one is fighting me....   :blink:

Edited by sachabballi reef

If you are using a small lifter pump it should be plugged in either plug 4 or 8

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

pump is working perfectly...is a brs dosing pump. but it is on one of those outlets btw

Thanks....I learn something new everyday.  I use a simple $2 float switch installed in a pill bottle(snail guard), magnet mounted and wired to my apex breakout box.  

Thanks....I learn something new everyday.  I use a simple $2 float switch installed in a pill bottle(snail guard), magnet mounted and wired to my apex breakout box.  

lol wanna make me one? ;)

j/k...this is an amazing product...I have one on my other tank and it works so well...If I didn't already have one in place I would think I just couldn't do it or something but since I do I lean towards some issue in the top off.