2 sided 300dd in wall build

I was thinking of drilling the bottom for a closed loop, but I am a little concerned now that I have the canopy and wainscot built up around it, that if something happened during drilling I would be screwed.

Do any of you guys know someone who can drill a tank?

I got my acrylic in for the custom sump. It is going to sit in this koi pond tub(in case of leaks. This is my first time working with acrylic, so i needed some insurance.)

I think i spent more buying this acrylic than i would have ,if i just let someone do it for me.

I like doing this kind of thing!

post-2633138-0-53972800-1386978499_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

i have been working on the custom sump for the last couple weeks. I ran out of supplies and had to order some more , else I would probably have been done already.

post-2633138-0-29116800-1388533974_thumb.jpgpost-2633138-0-62037100-1388533977_thumb.jpgpost-2633138-0-37261400-1388533982_thumb.jpgpost-2633138-0-20443700-1388533986_thumb.jpgpost-2633138-0-64665900-1388533989_thumb.jpg

Looking good. We have been patiently on the edge of our seats waiting for you to get this wet!

Looking good. We have been patiently on the edge of our seats waiting for you to get this wet!

I have been so anxious to get this thing wet too, this is the most patient i have been, which is a good thing ,seeing as this is the biggest tank i have ever taken on.

• 1 month later...

Finally, the tank is getting wet. I guess it will take a couple days to fill. 

I have hung my halide lights on 2  curtain rods that allows them to slide in/out from tank.

In this picture the led moon lights are on.

post-2633138-0-39345900-1391392680_thumb.jpeg

post-2633138-0-97458200-1391392703_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Looks awesome! How did the sump turn out?

I am having issues with micro bubbles now from skimmer. I have added one set of baffles, I am in the process of adding a better set.

I bought this tank from a fellow reefer, and when he had it ,I thought his return pump(10000y reef octopus, 2600gph at 0 head) was too much. Once I get a better set of baffles in the sump If i still have the issue ,I am going to change the pump. I am already valving off the existing pump.

On other fronts I have been cooking live rock for about 2 weeks now. Probably have a couple weeks left ....still reading phosphate and nitrate.

• 1 month later...

post-2633138-0-19314000-1395870082_thumb.pngSo I have been soaking dry rock and dry sand for over two months and changing the water every couple days until it read zero phosphates and zero nitrates. First time I have went to this much trouble, but on this tank I am taking my time.

FINALLY : WATER IN TANK AND CYCLING. 

here is a picture of the aqua scaping my wife and i did for this tank. We got this cement from MarcoRocks. and we used 1" pvc pipe to hold the rocks together. The rocks can be removed from one another though, the cement was for balancing more than anything.

That is really different, and nice! I'm mixed on it, but I think I'm leaning towards I really like it because it's so different! Lots of surface area for frags :)

Like the scape, but, can you prop the center rock up a little as to form a nice ledge area?

ok I had to leave this pic up and look at it a few times and now I really love it. Once I started picturing the tank full I think its great....wouldn't change it...nice to see something so unique

great job!!!

WOW. thanks guys .....that was my daughter and my wife's work.

Like the scape, but, can you prop the center rock up a little as to form a nice ledge area?

i will ask the wife?

when would you guys recommend me turn the calcium reactor on?

My alk = 8.0 and calcium is 410.

I only have 3 spa frags. each one about 1.5"

When Water changes are no longer maintaining your parameters and/or your parameters are fluctuating more than you'd like. With three spa frags you've got some time.

I would like to run my all at alkalinity at 7.0.

So I would like it too fall some .gradually over time.

But my salt alkalinity is 8.0.

I will let more experienced people chime in, but I think 7.0 is low for Alk. I run mine at 8.4-8.5. The Calcium is about right, I run mine at 420-440.

I will let more experienced people chime in, but I think 7.0 is low for Alk. I run mine at 8.4-8.5. The Calcium is about right, I run mine at 420-440.

Zeovit tanks run low alkalinity.

• 6 months later...