Rimless Cover

brcolli2

I have a 4' x 2' rimless tank, and I would like to install a removable cover on it.  I know most people use a screen top, but I do not care for that look.  I would like to keep the clean look of the rimless, but be able to get some fish that are jumpers.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I could do?  Thank You.

you can silicone some small pieces of glass in the corners of your tank, similar to triangles that some people have on their euro bracing.  Then have the screen sit about 1/2" under the rim, on the inside of the tank.  That way you still have the look of the rimless and you don't have to pick up dried fish off your floor.

if you want something a bit cleaner, you can just make your standard screen out of clear material and then on the flame, place one small piece of acrylic to the frame with a bit hanging off just as long as the edge of your glass. then you can set the screen above the water inset like named above but without having to mess with your tank at all. in this manner it is also easier to remove for maintenace, feeding etc and makes for a truly flush finish with the top of the tank.

looks like this when done:

screentop_zps9ebe896b.jpg

screentop1_zps382bf93f.jpg

top_zps88759ace.jpg

Pay one of those Dude's down at the 7-Eleven, to Just sit there, watch and wait... :). Bet They'll even work for cheap too. ;)

Wow, you're actually going to make fun of those hard workers? And what respectable line of business are you in?

Hey u dishin my mom..she works hard at the 7-11 she works at..with her temper b glad i saw that and not her...;(