Maxspect Razor Owners

BowieReefer84

dont have one, but helped a friend set one up.  they are reallllly nice, super thin, and the controller is simple and straight forward to understand.  might not have as many color as the others, but so far, corals are loving it. 

I have my moments of regret for not buying one 160W (or two 120W).  The folks who have gotten them on nano-reef.com really like them.

My DIY LED is controllable from the Apex, but the controls are kind of kludgy, and I probably won't use them except to play.

I have used them for a year now. Corals and anemones seem fine with them. Had an issue with one fixture last month, coral cue replaced the light. I use one of the preset modes so except for when the light controller board went bad I don't touch or think about them.

I switched from 250w mh. Only the anemones were affected and it took them a month to get used to them. The anemones tentacles were stringy they are more bubble tipped now than when I had mh. My newer anemone (3 months ago I purchased it) hasn't changed from when I first saw it in the original owners tank.

I have mostly sps from the top of the rocks to the sand bed with some Lps as well. It's a standard 220g.

I have used them for a year now. Corals and anemones seem fine with them. Had an issue with one fixture last month, coral cue replaced the light. I use one of the preset modes so except for when the light controller board went bad I don't touch or think about them.

I switched from 250w mh. Only the anemones were affected and it took them a month to get used to them. The anemones tentacles were stringy they are more bubble tipped now than when I had mh. My newer anemone (3 months ago I purchased it) hasn't changed from when I first saw it in the original owners tank.

I have mostly sps from the top of the rocks to the sand bed with some Lps as well. It's a standard 220g.

I love mine. Sleek, sexy and simple. The controller couldn't be easier to use and set up from out of the.box to up and running a program literally takes 10 min tops. I think the nice cree bulbs are far superior to the cheapo bulbs. It may be more pricey than the d120s but you honestly can't even compare the two. Its like comparing an Audi to a Kia. And i absolutely love the ramping 1% at a time, you can barely tell your lights are increasing or decreasing. You're gonna love it!

dont have one, but helped a friend set one up.  they are reallllly nice, super thin, and the controller is simple and straight forward to understand.  might not have as many color as the others, but so far, corals are loving it. 

I think the color selection is good.  A few too many standard blues, but I really like that it includes warm whites.

I have my moments of regret for not buying one 160W (or two 120W).  The folks who have gotten them on nano-reef.com really like them.

My DIY LED is controllable from the Apex, but the controls are kind of kludgy, and I probably won't use them except to play.

The controllers are all gimicks.  MH and T5 don't ramp up/down.  I would pick a color you like and stick with on/off functionality.

That's good to hear.  How many do you have on your tank and what % are you running them?

I love mine. Sleek, sexy and simple. The controller couldn't be easier to use and set up from out of the.box to up and running a program literally takes 10 min tops. I think the nice cree bulbs are far superior to the cheapo bulbs. It may be more pricey than the d120s but you honestly can't even compare the two. Its like comparing an Audi to a Kia. And i absolutely love the ramping 1% at a time, you can barely tell your lights are increasing or decreasing. You're gonna love it!

Yea, it seems well built.

I planon starting at 60% each channel 5 hours a day.  I don't like the idea of ramping up down, and never did so when I had led's on my old nano tank.