Maxi-mini anemones are real carpet anemones... here's proof

wade

So this little 2.5" foxface has been in my tank for a couple of weeks.  It was out and playing with the other fish and acting completely healthy.

Last night, just after lights out... this is what I found in the 3" anemone:

post-2632297-0-95581000-1373289766_thumb.jpg

They can't 'eat' that big of a fish...but that won't stop them from trying!

That's why I moved mine to the tiny 5g pico....never trusted them with my peppermint shrimp...they thought the nems are mushrooms...gave the nems a reason to eat shrimp ....

darn, that stinks.  And here I was considering getting myself a big carpet nem.  Now I think I will stick to a bubble tip

You are right. This morning, the fish had been expelled... and was in the orange anemone right behind the red one that started this parade.  This time, it is halfway in, head down. :p

I believe the anemone also killed the diadema urchin I had (hence all the spines in the picture).  The skeleton from that urchin wound up under my rockwork, but the spines are all there in front of the anemone.  They do have a potent sting!

And big carpets are even MORE notorious for grabbing fish,lol

Bubbles.. I've had some sick fish caught...but healthy fish basically have to run into a bubble to get taken....the carpets are sooo sticky!

Maxi minis are mini carpets. They are very very sticky. So if a sleepy fish were to wonder too close it ill be doomed. It can stretch wide enough to eat that entire fish.  

And big carpets are even MORE notorious for grabbing fish,lol

Bubbles.. I've had some sick fish caught...but healthy fish basically have to run into a bubble to get taken....the carpets are sooo sticky!

Yep I swore never to have another after I had fish disappearing out of the tank years ago...brought my murdering carpet back to the LFS. Lol...too bad though as they are really cool!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I think it helps to keep some kind of night light over the tank so fish can slightly see where they are going and avoid those types of killers.