Feeding time

rebekwl

this is really going to depend on your inhabitants, your system, your maintenance schedule, your components, etc. generally speaking, it's best to best less more often. for what's it's worth, i feed small amounts 6-8 times a day as i have several fish that require multiple feedings and i am trying to get my clowns in breeding mode.

I have a pair of clowns, a couple of anthias, kole tang, neon dotty, coral beauty, midas and bicolor , diamond goby and a yellow coris..

I feed once or twice a day....mostly pellets because I can see them being consumed. My nitrates and phosphates are virtually undetectable.

I feed 2-3 times a day. Just depends if I am home or not.

For what it's worth, if I go on vacation then I'll just have the person taking care of the pets feed the tank frozen once a day.

I feed pellets, Jan's food, cycopleeze, and mysis occasionally. My clowns seem to dislike the mysis, but the diamond goby and jawfish like it.

I have a school of Bartlett Anthias a bunch of other fish. I try to feed at least 4 or 5 times a day.

Anthias really do require that much feeding?

I have. Midas blenny, 2percs, 1 tomatoes clown, a pearly jawfish, a chalk bass, an angelfish, and a Bangaii cardinal and i feed pellets almost every day...sometime I miss a feeding one or 2 days a week so they get used to missing a meal, and it won't kill em...

With anthias I had to feed 2 or 3 times a day and I really over fed because of that...don't miss those guys,lol

Also, my Bangaii won't eat pellets as he mainly eats pods but he'll take some of Jan's food...so I feed that 2 or 3 times a week instead of pellets

They have very fast metabolisms....ideally fed a few times a day

Luckily I only have to feed twice a day, as the rest of the time my anthias angrily fights with his reflection in the glass.

I feed twice a day during the week and sometimes three times a day on the weekends. The first feeding is when I get home, two thawed and chopped table shrimp and four frozen cubes or the equivalent of Jan's food. The second feeding a few hours later is four more cubes. The cubes are a mix of different types and brands.