Tanked in Annapolis

dmatt56

It's a shame that the company is still in business. Yea they can make a nice theme tank, but they have no clue about setting a tank up properly

Do any of y'all watch Fish Tank Kings on Nat Geo?  Honestly I like that show better

Yeah much better..but neither make enough episodes,lol

I thought so too :)  I like their "fish geek" and wish he would have a bigger part too

I had seen that episode of 'Tanked', and was planning on driving up to Annapolis to see it, but after seeing this pic, it surely ain't worth the 50 mile drive.

Also I had not read the article quoted above, but on seeing the speed at which the crew were adding fish to the tanks they were putting up, always felt that not many would survive beyond a couple of weeks.

Friend just texted me a pic (he is there now).  Dead powder blue floating in tank.

so sad

Do any of y'all watch Fish Tank Kings on Nat Geo?  Honestly I like that show better

I just started watching it. Much better and it isn't so scripted and staged like Tanked.

(edited)

I just started watching it. Much better and it isn't so scripted and staged like Tanked.

have you seen the mr. saltwatertank interview? they aren't much of fish people at all, just business folks. the "fish geek" isn't a geek at all, either. glasses are production-forced upon him, none of them own fish tanks of their own, heavens, the owner didn't even know what a "frag" of coral was, haha.

Edited by monkiboy

Living Color is the company that makes "Aqua-Maid"- a strong hydrogen peroxide solution that oxidizes algae and makes it fall off the decorations. It's supposed to be siphoned out but the reality of it is that some of these aquariums are very difficult to remove this sludge that builds up with the use of this product. Furthermore, you're supposed to use LOTS of carbon to remove the Aqua-Maid after using. 

We stopped using this product because it's extremely caustic and will burn your skin white if it gets on you. If it burns your skin, I can't imagine what it does to sensitive organs like gills. The massive amounts of carbon caused many of the fish to develop HLLE.

they aren't much of fish people at all, just business folks.

I have seen the interview and I took away that they do have the well being of the fish in mind. They seem to take the QT process very seriously. As for them having tanks at home, I know many LFS owners that didn't have tanks at home too. They spend most of their time at work where they do have tanks so no need to have another one at home.

I have seen the interview and I took away that they do have the well being of the fish in mind. They seem to take the QT process very seriously. As for them having tanks at home, I know many LFS owners that didn't have tanks at home too. They spend most of their time at work where they do have tanks so no need to have another one at home.

yes, i think you have a point with the whole chef's rarely cooking at home idea. my perception of the interview was different and to the contrary but we can all have our opinions. i just hope what makes business sense for them to talk and act on plays in tandem with the well-being of our hobby and livestock.