Aquarium One | A+

brad908

(edited)

I have been going to A1 for the past year and a half or so and have always had a great experience going there and no problems.

Yesterday I faced my first problem. The tank I had them drill had a huge scratch going across the front panel when I went to pick it up. I was puzzled as to how this could have happened because my friend went the previous night and it was perfectly fine. It looked like someone dragged a key across the tank. I left the tank at the store and went home pretty pissed.

Paul contacted me the next morning (today) and said that they would be ordering me a brand new tank. (Just a note that I didn't even buy the tank originally from them). He didn't try and talk his way out by saying " we aren't responsible for damage", or "we will give you the drilling for free", or "sorry a customer did that, out of our hands". He said right away "we will replace the tank". Hassle free, no back and forth, just straight to the fix of the problem.

I just want to thank Aquarium One and Paul for keeping customers first and doing the right thing, that gets lost a lot in today's world.

Edited by brad908

Thanks for sharing. Makes for good biz. Thumbs up to A1

Paul and the staff are definitely great people.  Very friendly, and always offer good advice. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

These guys had a 50% discount today - looks like they're moving up to Fredrick.  Sad to see that it's now a good 1/2 hour to any decent salt water store from Rockville.  I guess they're getting a bigger space.  I will say if I'm getting in my car for an hour round trip or more, I can hit several stores in NOVA or just one in Fredrick...

These guys had a 50% discount today - looks like they're moving up to Fredrick.  Sad to see that it's now a good 1/2 hour to any decent salt water store from Rockville.  I guess they're getting a bigger space.  I will say if I'm getting in my car for an hour round trip or more, I can hit several stores in NOVA or just one in Fredrick...

You're not hitting several NOVA stores in under 3-4 hours round trip from Rockville. The only one reasonably close is Marine Scene and that is about the same as Frederick. Quantum is a hike and BRK and IC are an hour out one way. I agree, that it sucks about A1 moving though.

Frederick is a bit closer to me so I'm actually kind of happy to hear that. It's tough in MD to find good stores like A1 in the more northern area of MD.

Also, I forgot to mention, there are a couple more shops to stop at in Frederick. Technically, you have aquatic creations and ERC in ijamsville and ricks fish in Frederick proper. Do it right and you may actually hit 4 stores in 60-70 miles round trip from Rockville with no traffic and a MUCH more scenic drive.

And fewer tolls, seriously I know you can likely get around some of them in Virginia but if you're not familiar with the area (like me) you end up paying like $10 in tolls making the rounds to stores there.

Most of the time Matt, it's not even worth the extra effort and time spent to get around the tolls (although it's really only the express lanes on 495 and the Dulles toll road that charge so not exactly sure where all the toll roads people are referring to.

Are you sure about this? 

100% sure about this - they were literally breaking the store down while I was there.  And other than the 267 I have no idea what tolls that poster is talking about.  And, in my experience, there are several more coral vendors to hit once your in NoVa than Fredrick - though I guess you're adding more like 30 minutes to your trip.

That said, I'll definitely be checking out the ones in Ijamsville soon!

Edited by JeffG93