Wandering GBTA

YHSublime

I picked up a GBTA recently that is doing fine in my tank, unfortuantly, can't seem to find a happy spot. Tentacles are fully out, colors are beautiful, and it eats no matter where it is. It's romping all over my tightly packed tank. I just caught it about to plop down on my zoas, pulled it off gently, and placed it on my DT front glass so I could easily remove it again... of course it seems happy smack dab and center.

I am cycling my 29 as we speak, water from my 57 with a mix of old and new rock. I plan on putting this GBTA in first, and letting it find a happy place before I start adding corals. 

My question is, I'm looking for one of those hanging/suction clear baskets that I can place it in my DT until then, keep it in one spot ready to easily move. Does anybody local have one that I can use, or is it something I can pick up from petco/mart fairly cheap? Or better yet, any of our local vendors have em'? 

Thanks in advance,

Isaac & The Wandering Nem

why dont you just make your own. use the screens sold at the local hobby shops by the knitting department and buy some suction cups from home depot.

Dollar store bar soap holder...for temp holding...it's got slits for water to flow and they are fairly big...

Look for the suction cup ones for the shower walls..I grabbed a few at target...

why dont you just make your own. use the screens sold at the local hobby shops by the knitting department and buy some suction cups from home depot.

Egg crate abd zip ties

courtesy of my sweet S4

Dollar store bar soap holder...for temp holding...it's got slits for water to flow and they are fairly big...

Look for the suction cup ones for the shower walls..I grabbed a few at target...

Well aren't ya'll a crafty bunch. I'll be going to Target tonight, might see what they have. If not, I've got zip ties and egg crate handy. 

it'll slip right through egg crate and anything with large openings like that. like someone else mentioned, the "darice" brand plastic canvas at michael's/joanne's fabrics, etc is the way to go. they even sell a circular portion (in different diameters) for the bottom then take a flat and wrap around once. then you can just take some magnets from your frag rack you got and hold it that way easily. whenever i propagate my nems i put them in there to heal and it works great for removal and acclimation, etc. the holes are small enough (about 3/16") that even shriveled the tentacles don't massage their way through. g'luck!

http://www.joann.com/darice-stiff-plastic-canvas-7-count-12-x18-clear/zprd_01971233a/

it'll slip right through egg crate and anything with large openings like that. like someone else mentioned, the "darice" brand plastic canvas at michael's/joanne's fabrics, etc is the way to go. they even sell a circular portion (in different diameters) for the bottom then take a flat and wrap around once. then you can just take some magnets from your frag rack you got and hold it that way easily. whenever i propagate my nems i put them in there to heal and it works great for removal and acclimation, etc. the holes are small enough (about 3/16") that even shriveled the tentacles don't massage their way through. g'luck!

http://www.joann.com/darice-stiff-plastic-canvas-7-count-12-x18-clear/zprd_01971233a/

Thanks!

I ended up getting a quick fix small caddy holder from target with suction cups. I've placed it just high enough so it probably won't try and work out, but just low enough that it's not out of the water. I'll look into that fabric tomorrow if it looks like it's not working out!

Thanks again!

Thanks!

I ended up getting a quick fix small caddy holder from target with suction cups. I've placed it just high enough so it probably won't try and work out, but just low enough that it's not out of the water. I'll look into that fabric tomorrow if it looks like it's not working out!

Thanks again!

i used the fabric thing to make a algae scrubber. ryan used it to make a acclimation box for his fish.

Should have gotten the fabric. Wandering nem had a go through my overflow box this am. Was out of water for about 10 min, and pulled back through by hand, slightly massaging it through. It looks rough in comparison to since I've had it, but I think it should pull through. Back in a temp soap holder for now, hoping it doesn't much feel like moving....

Isaac & The Well Traveled Thrill Seeking Nem

There's a guy on the clownfish forum at RC who has about a bajillion nems and clowns in one large tank.  The clowns were all siblings at some point.  He keeps all of the nems on one side and not moving around by directing a lot of flow straight down the glass and kind of making a hi-flow barrier across the tank which the nems don't like to cross.  Any nems that let go and go for a swim to find a new spot he trades away. 8)

Under my frag rack on the glass, the foot looks slightly damaged but the tentacles are back out, going to a craft store in a bit.

I've got 3 rbtas that haven't budged, and are growing huge, this guy just wants to see the world it seems.

Under my frag rack on the glass, the foot looks slightly damaged but the tentacles are back out, going to a craft store in a bit. I've got 3 rbtas that haven't budged, and are growing huge, this guy just wants to see the world it seems.

i told your rbta a story about something called a sump, but the rbta did not believe me. rbta wants to feel it with its own tentacles.

i told your rbta a story about something called a sump, but the rbta did not believe me. rbta wants to feel it with its own tentacles.

Hahaha.

Meanwhile, I've found my algae blenny stuck in the plastic holder I bought to keep the Wandering Nem in. I'm going to see if he works it out, didn't see him slip in. 

Would you believe mine is wandering also? First into a rock full of rocordia and now into the zoa garden. It is one unhappy nem. 

Would you believe mine is wandering also? First into a rock full of rocordia and now into the zoa garden. It is one unhappy nem.

Must be a seasonal migration.

My RBTA was wandering for a long time then finally settled down a month ago.  Unfortunately, about two weeks ago he decided to wander one more time and went partially through a powerhead  :sad:  He's still alive and seems to be recovering slowly but surely.  Tell your GBTA that he's gonna end up in a PH if he isn't careful.