Best plumbing for 40 br?

freshfins

Hello, saltwater newbie here. I'm setting up a 40 breeder reef and I'm confused about the best way to plumb the tank to the sump. I have a 30g acrylic sump: a rectangle with a hole drilled at one end and another in the top :wacko: . I have two 40br tank options - one is drilled near bottom/middle of the back glass; the other is not drilled. I would like the overflow to have the least chance of flooding and secondly, be as invisible as possible.

If you recommend drilling, where can I get that done (I'm in MD)?

I'm also not sure about what return pump I'll need. I have a maxijet 1200 - will that work well?

Thanks!

Google herbie overflow and bean animal overflow for the quietest. The bean animal has the most safeguards. Also check out glass-holes.com. Drilling is not hard once you get the nerve to do it, Lol.

Laurel

when you figure out what you want to do with your overflow and which design, i'd be glad to help you drill those holes.

glass holes +1000. Very easy to drill your own tank and sump. Don't start a system using someone else's used sumps. Make one easily that works for your system. It'll save you $$$ and time.