anyone else have melanarus addicted to sea weed?

the second I replace the purple sea weed he attacks it and scoffs it all down...so bizarre....the yellow belly just looks at him like he is insane

Mine loved seaweed too and was right up at the veggie clip with the tangs.

When we switched tanks, I forgot about him and he was buried in the old tank's sand for 24 hours with little to no water. I was downstairs looking at the new tank and it hit me!! Found him in the last square foot of sand I was searching. He was alive and well!! The shock took its toll on him and he died 3 days later, unfortunately.

the fairy and exquisite don't look twice at it...just him...cracks me up to see him and the the hippo hanging out tearing it apart together....

so sad that you lost yours....i would have no idea where any of mine bury themselves....they are just like magic...one minute they are buried and lights are off and then the lights come on and they are just there....i never get to see them dig out etc....but I am determined to ! So it doesnt surprise me that it was the last section on sand you looked in....

Mine had to be first and foremost when any type of food was involved, and always made a beeline for the largest piece of anything. He loved eating flipped over snails. I'd definitely have another, though. Great fish with lots of personality.

so sad that you lost yours....i would have no idea where any of mine bury themselves....they are just like magic...one minute they are buried and lights are off and then the lights come on and they are just there....i never get to see them dig out etc....but I am determined to ! So it doesnt surprise me that it was the last section on sand you looked in....

Mine has the same "magic touch", and he's a big boy (or, um, girl)! I have no idea where the favorite sleeping spot is. Many/most of my fish go nuts over seaweed (green, purple - it doesn't matter). What brand/kind are you feeding that your wrasse loves it so much?

My fish will only eat purple....not green or red at all.

Julian sprung is what makes them nuts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone have a different type of wrasse eat it or just the melanarus. My melanarus doesn't eat algae on rocks...only on the clip btw and only purple :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My Melanarus Wrasse, Cleaner Wrass and Yellow Coris Wrasse all eat the Nori. I'm using the Julian Sprung purple stuff, but even when I get the green Sushi Nori from the grocery store they attack it.

My exquisite wrasse ninja attacks the seaweed when the tangs aren't looking or right under their noses. 3 Tangs, picking on a piece of algae floating around, and then from right field comes in the wrasse, swooosh, and gobbles the whole thing up in one bite. It's no wonder my hippo likes to chase him around. I think it just wants the wrasse poop. The hippo is a poop eater. I have weird fish.