What's in your pico?

smallreef

So I have this cute little 5g pico...with 3 maxi-minis, a green clown goby and 1 sexy shrimp (he's a cannibal)

So, I was thinking of putting something else in there...but what? I'd like to have a different jawfish...but I'd have to add more sand and little rocks...or maybe something that actually swims some?

So give me some ideas of what you have or would do :)

What I have is teamshreibas old 8 gallon ada tank with a new filter still in the box sitting inside the tank with the lid on it. I really like the kiss method!!!! Lol

Yeah I'm wondering if I should just take the fish out and throw in some more zoas and cover the bottom and see if I get a few more sexy shrimp that he won't keep eating them,lol

Do a search on liveaquaria for "nano fish". You'll get lots of hits and a full description of all their needs.

I have a 2 ounce pico with a seahorse. Only his nose fits in the tank though so I have to keep spraying him to keep him damp. I have a lettuce macro algae problem and the water is green. There is also a calcium reactor. ,skimmer, Vodka doser, ozone with a controller, sump with a heater, and an auto feeder along with live rock. I was thinking of adding an eel being I only need to put his face in the water. Is this overstocked?

IMG_2334.jpg

Edited by paul b

Paul you are always so freak in hilarious! I love everything you do!I have though about putting all my cloisonné fish in mine too!

what I'm really looking for is some insight in some small swimming/hovering fish..I thought about a fire fish but they like a lot of swimming room ...I've look on LA and while its a good source of info, I find great information derived from others personal experiences...ya know...

Paul you are always so freak in hilarious! I love everything you do!I have though about putting all my cloisonné fish in mine too!

what I'm really looking for is some insight in some small swimming/hovering fish..I thought about a fire fish but they like a lot of swimming room ...I've look on LA and while its a good source of info, I find great information derived from others personal experiences...ya know...

I am not sure what a "cloisonne" fish is but I can't keep firefish as they jump out. I am also not sure what a hovering fish is but mandarin's hover. I like threadfin cardinals because they are cheap, they are small, they school and they are easy to keep and breed. You can see some of them here and at the bottom of this video, the silver fish.

IMG_2124.jpg

th_2013-03-27115558_zps12b3b802.jpg

Edited by paul b