Swimmatte's First Saltwater Tank

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, the Xenia doesn't look so hot right now after being accosted by my RBTA but it's recovering. Good luck with your sale, it's nice stuff!

Yay! After a couple days my young Occ's are hosting my brand new RBTA!

you mean your RBTA is hosting your clowns! and that was quicker than most. sometimes it takes hours sometimes months. such an awesome and fun relationship. things are looking good!

Edited by monkiboy

you mean your RBTA is hosting your clowns! and that was quicker than most. sometimes it takes hours sometimes months. such an awesome and fun relationship. things are looking good!

Oh yeah, whatever, you know what I mean :rolleyes: haha

is it me or is that heart shaped??? is the RBTA saying its in love with the new inhabitants?? :wub:

I actually think it is! It's pretty awesome. They won't leave the thing now.

That big powerhead above the nem is just calling to it. "Wouldn't it be fun to take a ride in me?" haha

Funny you should say that. I looked up at the tank after ready that and noticed that the RBTA was detaching and heading towards the powerhead. I quickly turned all of them off and moved the powerhead in question to a place it can't be reached. (I hope)

good thinking. if you don't already consider a foam guard for the PH. if you don't have any, i have some from my vortechs you can have. oh and i have that loc-line we talked about!

good thinking. if you don't already consider a foam guard for the PH. if you don't have any, i have some from my vortechs you can have. oh and i have that loc-line we talked about!

Sweet! I am getting my pump Sunday so all that will be left will be some pipe and fittings which I can take care of. Thanks!

So it turns out the RBTA definitely killed the Xenia. I waited a couple days to see if it came back and it didn't. I went to pull it out and boy am I glad I did as it smelt like death once it left the tank. I also had a small chunk of purple clove polyp this killer RBTA has eliminated. So if anyone has Xenia or Purple Clove issues let me know, you can borrow my RBTA.

On a side note, I have someone coming by to take real pictures of my tank. He's even got a macro lens and one of those fancy look down lens adapter thingamajigies. Pics to come!

anytime xenia leaves the water it smells horrible..

and I have some xenia... though that would be quite the drive for a tiny frag, lol

This was disintegrating as it left the tank, I'm pretty sure it was dead. :unsure:

I think this might be my sign to go without Xenia for now. Takes up a lot of space :why:

• 1 month later...

update please  :cool:

Incoming...... just picked up a dslr last night so once I figure it out I will provide a nice update.  Here is my current inhabitants:

(7) Different Acans including some rainbows and ultras

(1) Yellow Hammer

(1) Gold Torch

(2) Green with Purple Tip Frogspawns (~10 total heads)

(1) Strawberry Patch Monti Plate

(1) Unknown Chalice (from ERC)

(1) Superman Monti

(1) Grinch Monti

(1) Rainbow Lobo

(6) Ricordeas

(25) Different zoas (including a lot of designers)

(1) Neon Green Cabbage Leather

(1) Neon Green Fungia

(1) Blasto

(1) GSP

(1) "Waving Hands"

(1) Dragon Soul Favia

(1) Trumpet Coral (3 heads)

(1) Alien Eyes Chalice

(1) Idaho Grape Monti

(1) RBTA

FISH:

Foxface

Six Line Wrasse

Coral Beauty Angel

Pink Spotted Goby

Orange Spotted Goby

Ocellaris Clown

Will update with pics and some of my adventures over the way.......

Bravo!!!

I am extremely impressed with how you have pulled your tank together. You patiently added and carefully selected and thoughtfully placed.. very very well done!!

Great pics BTW.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks! I'm going to wait and see how things look one they grow out but my plan is to completely cover the 24" tall corner rock that's in the back left corner of the tank with zoas. I guess you'd call it a zoa garden, except on a vertical rock. I also plan on growing out the rock in the upper right hand corner with nothing but acans. Also, while there are a few SPS frags around the tank now, I plan on keeping LPS, zoas, and softies only. Unfortunately, I have times throughout the year that I'm so busy at work that I run the risk of neglecting my tank and I'm worried about killing SPS as I lost a few corals last month as a result of slight neglect.

Once I get this camera figured out I'll post more pics!

Oh, and once I get some time when my daughter is out of the house and I have a few hours alone, I plan on drilling my tank and converting to my sump. I have everything I need except the time.

that is going to be gorgeous!  looking forward to watching it grow too! When you have a great plan like that it allows you to sit back and enjoy and only make additions with a coral that you really love vs just throwing everything in there that someone is selling at a good price....

you haven't drilled that thing yet? lol...chop chop...its not like she is 18....you can just put her somewhere and she stays LOL....and NAPS