210 Reef Rebuild

make sure you have your plugs firmly inserted. sometimes they are tight and you need to press them down fully inserted into the male end of the fixture.

So I just double checked and its not the leds so im guessing the driver has went bad already which is not a good sign. I took the fixture apart and switched the connections and the lights came on and the blue ones didnt so my only guess is in fact the driver so how do I get in contact with this sonny person to see about getting another driver ?

So I just double checked and its not the leds so im guessing the driver has went bad already which is not a good sign. I took the fixture apart and switched the connections and the lights came on and the blue ones didnt so my only guess is in fact the driver so how do I get in contact with this sonny person to see about getting another driver ?

best way is to skype or you can just email her: sales12@evergrowlighting.com

oh and realize the time difference and also they have 3 days for international labor day and she won't be back in until tomorrow i believe

if you want a back up driver they are like 12 bucks...look at monkiboy's current group buy *closes today at 6pm

you could have a back up (i am ordering a couple as well)

Thanks monkiboy can you put me down for 2 drivers ? Hopefully he sees this in time thanks for the suggestion that sounds much easier

do me a favor and reply to the GB thread with your request, screen name, first name, and any request details. if not, i won't remember or track it appropriately and likely won't happen. we can work out payment in conjunction with the GB schedule. thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so heres an update still waiting on driver to show up should be shipping with the group buy thats happening right now tank looks good I ordered some brs probes to use with my apex but I dont know how good they are cause my readings arent that accurate in my personal opinion going to do a manual check today funny thing is that the ozone reading on my apex probe reads different than the orp reading on my ozonizer probe so cant explain that one for the life of me more pics to come diatom bloom is over looked horrible for a minute.

As u can see the green mushrooms didn't respond so well hopefully they make a turn around and the other polyps were covered by bubble algae but is doing better buttons are fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...

Have not posted in awhile but here are the tank parameters as of right now

PH 8.2
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Phosphate .25
Salinity 1.026
Temp 79.6

So how do I look ? Updated pics coming im battling a bit of a hair algae problem right now but its obviously not cause of bad water quality.

Looking good. Hair algae isn't really form 'bad' water, it's a combo of too many nutrients and too much light...

Thus your phosphate reading but no nitrite or nitrate reading....I'm sure you've already cut feelings back to every other day...and try cutting your lighting for a few days and syphoning out the dead algae after...it may just be an ongoing battle with a tank this large and large fish...

Looking good. Hair algae isn't really form 'bad' water, it's a combo of too many nutrients and too much light...

Thus your phosphate reading but no nitrite or nitrate reading....I'm sure you've already cut feelings back to every other day...and try cutting your lighting for a few days and syphoning out the dead algae after...it may just be an ongoing battle with a tank this large and large fish...

+1

Looks good, you got your lights worked out?

• 3 months later...

I got rid of hair algae simply by running GFO. No plucking no less feeding nothing. It's not an overnight thing it took me a couple months to starve it out. I quit GFO and it came back quick. Started it back up and it went away. It's easier to get it early or just plain prevent. Nice flippin rock work love the nooks n crannies.

(edited)

Updated Pics coming soon with the new updates unfortunately a lot of the fish in the pics here are no longer with the tank minor mishaps but all in all the tank is coming along well everything looks healthy and the refugium is online now also.

Edited by the_elite_edge