Pink or Green? help me identify this birdsnest!

Neto

I bought this birdsnest a while ago (mini colony) and at one time it was green, then it turned pink, now its in between... I thought maybe it was BOP (Birds of Paradise) but I have noticed that BOP have more green base, no pink... lol what is this? Stay PINK!

photo1_zpsbc849283.jpg

photo3_zpscca39d88.jpg

photo4_zpsc28e96d6.jpg

Changes in color are normal for these colonies and will occur depending on light. I used to have this one and it would vary from tank to tank. Under my seriously intense 400W 10k+6500k bulb combination it would be similar to what you are showing. If put under 10ks alone, it was closer to solid pink. ID'ing a color variant is probably artificial.

Then again, it is nice looking!

I dont think its ponape birdsnest because it has purple tips and yellowish or light green body. This is PB

ponape_lglg.jpg

PINK_WITH_ROYAL_BLUE_POLYPS_BIRDSNEST.jpg

Could be a regular pink, but I see some green in your's. Its not a BOP. branches aren't thick enough.

Not a BOP or Ponape.What Wade said.They can shift from green to pink depending on lighting.

looks pink and purple to me!

Remember that tinny birdnest I showed you a few day ago? It looks very close to your when the colony was doing well. It probably come from the same people. I got the frag when a friend in Clarksburg break down his tank! It grow quickly into a colony and then...

Almost completely wiped out with in 2 days!

DSC02189

DSC02191

Thanks for all your responses. I increased the intensity of my white leds to see if maybe with more light, it will stabilize its color.

Funny, many of these specifically named corals are just color variants of the same species... Seriatopora hysterix I believe in you case would probably cover the Bird of Paradise and pink variants.

Funny, many of these specifically named corals are just color variants of the same species... Seriatopora hysterix I believe in you case would probably cover the Bird of Paradise and pink variants.

+1

It's more appealing with a fancy name!

I can tell you for sure... it's freakin awesome!!!

Agreed, looks good!