new ridiculous red/green colored nem

monkiboy

decided on picking this guy up a few weeks ago and he finally shipped!

looking to get some nice and situated for a few months and then will begin splitting manually if it doesn't happen on his own. he is a third generation clone so i have high hopes he and his future clones will do well! just wanted to share his ridiculously vibrant colors and my plans. pretty excited to add him to my nem collection!

2b995196-0910-4b19-811a-4dbb3b9a845e_zpsc74cb441.jpg

Nice grab. I hope it looks that nice when it arrives. The super blue sand has me worried.

yeah, i know. that's always an obvious sign when someone has actinics ony or has fudged with their settings too much, right? well, i'll post up when it arrives with some photos and if it's still "ridiculous" or not, haha.

(edited)

Nice grab. I hope it looks that nice when it arrives. The super blue sand has me worried.

ok, i'm feeling more excited now. i asked how it looks under white only lights and this is under 14000k with no VHO actinic supplementation after moving to the resting bin before packaging for shipping.

a bit more mild and pastel but still equally impressive. it'll probably white out a bit from stress but in a couple weeks should color up nicely in my tank.

55c56495-a202-4ec3-b9eb-ec5d40a907e5_zps9549b864.jpg

Edited by monkiboy

(edited)

Rainbow BTA?

i don't know. i try to avoid using names because everyone has a different name for every nem out there. what i call an infernon you may call rainbow or goldilocks or crocked passion, i dont know. i just call them what they look like. this is green and orange with purple tips. haha. Edited by monkiboy

You are just making everyone jealous! Really pretty!

bah, no jealously. be happy because maybe it'll arrive well, maybe it'll be happy and split or take to cloning well, and maybe you'll have one!

I think it still looks pretty awsome. that's a very cool looking green and having the red/orange in there too just really makes it stand out.

Any chance that is coming from Brian (LazyLivin)?

I didn't see a post, but I know Brian. He was one of the officers in the club where I used to live. Great guy and his corals are fantastic!

yes sir! just arrived!

I didn't see a post, but I know Brian. He was one of the officers in the club where I used to live. Great guy and his corals are fantastic!

yeah, he's a swell guy. i'm trying to put together a small group of nem keepers with focus on more rare colored BTA and cloning and he's on that list, haha.