reaquascape?

kjamaya

Im thinking of reaquascaping but am not completely sure. I do like what I have so far but believe that it makes my tank look small.

Tell what you guys think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Both of your rock structures appear to be about the same height. You can lower one of them. (It doesn't look like you have room to make one higher). Generally asymmetry will help with scale and look more aesthetically appealing (in my opinion). Also, work in 3's. So for example, have 3 focal points instead of 2 since you have a nice long tank (probably won't be easy in a shorter tank). Each focal point have different heights or elements like caves, arches, etc. All of those break scale down.

Hope this helps.

I like the open look. Maybe open up one of the structures and to a bridge between them?

When it comes down to it, it all depends on what YOU like. I would comb through the Dedicated Tank Forum and look at some of the pics there. That should give you some ideas.

I think the rockwork is fine to me. I agree it would look better with the frag rack on the side or back and the heaters in the sump if you have one.

I think the rockwork is fine to me. I agree it would look better with the frag rack on the side or back and the heaters in the sump if you have one.

+1

Then take new pic but looks great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nix the heaters and the frag racks. pare down the corals to the ones that you want to thrive. place them according to lighting and flow needs and it will start to come together.

(edited)

+1

Then take new pic but looks great

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

+1

Edited by mr.x-ray

Obviously there are still some things that I will take out, like the basket on the right and the dome on the upper left. I will also move the frag rack to the back of the tank and heaters down south.

I personally liked it better before, but like everybody & and you said, put the frag racks in the back, or side! What's important is that YOU'RE happy with it. It looks like there is a bit more real estate to work with now, or at least more visible from the front glass.

I personally liked it better before, but like everybody & and you said, put the frag racks in the back, or side! What's important is that YOU'RE happy with it. It looks like there is a bit more real estate to work with now, or at least more visible from the front glass.

+1 But all that really matters is that you like it.

Im still not sure myself with the scape. From the side view it looks great awesome, from the frontal view there is something that I can't point out. I'm going to let it sit and resin for a little and by this weekend I will either leave it or move it.