Welcome to the forum, Christine!

I'd like to welcome Christine Williams, our most recent WAMAS speaker (who talked to us about Fish Disease and Treatment at the Winter meeting) to the forum. Christine's forum presence will be under the screen name, Spracklcat. Please help me welcome her to our community.

Bio: Christine Williams

Christine Williams started keeping fish while she was still a fetus. While the aqueous environment did lend itself to the hobby, it limited her to freshwater species, and so she decided to be born several weeks early. Through sign language she demanded that her parents convert her crib into a reef aquarium and thus started her illustrious career in marine ornamentals. After completing her studies in biochemistry and molecular microbiology she went to work at Animal ER where unfortunately she was not filmed for the Animal Planet channel (though her feet did make a cameo during a rescue segment). Currently she is the head of the Industrial Marine Microbiology team for her division of a very large international chemical company, where she spends her days mixing chemicals, microorganisms and algae together and seeing if they will A) explode, B) glow in the dark, or C) make a good salsa. Currently she is the editor at the Reef.com blog and can be heard weekly opining on all things aquaria on Reef Threads.

Christine Williams

Yay!!! Welcome to WAMAS, Christine. Thank you for a fantastic presentation on Fish Disease and Treatment. I'm looking forward to learning more from you.

Jan