Gone out of business.......

johnnybv

Well, I hate to preach the same thing over and over, and I know that many members are really making a real effort to support the local stores, but we have lost another LFS. Mr. Coral retail CLOSED.....Adam had great intentions and great Ideas when he took the store over, but the bottom line is there just were not enough sales to cover expenses. There are many hidden expenses that you dont even think about unless you work or run a retail store.

I now not only ask that you support your LFS, but also ask that you help us advertise by word of mouth. Encourage others when you have good experiences at LFS, and if you have a bad experience talk to the store owner and try to resolve it before you advertise it. This is my livelihood, how I feed my family, so it is very personal to me when I see another lfs not make it. To be truthful, I can guarantee that none of your lfs are thriving right now, I'm sure we are all just getting by. If any of our LFS are thriving please PM me with your secrets!

Again, I don't want this to become a thread where it becomes a LFS vs online etc. I am simply putting this out there as a reminder that WE NEED YOU! Don't shop where you get crappy service, or where prices are way too high, that's not what I am asking you to do. Just think about your LFS, and talk them up if you can, especially the ones that Support this club!

Thanks for reading.

John

Sucks. There is only one LFS within a 30 min drive of me right now (HOT). Hate to see another one go.

Sad yes.

I support BRK and other LFS's even if, from time to time, it costs me a little bit more. I figure that it's an investment to make sure that they're there when I need them most.

It is very hard to run a small business right now, with all the taxes and liabilities it comes with...

On the other hand having a good name and reputation is everything in this community and every owner must make it their goal to make sure they and their employees are giving the best possible service out there. I work for a mid sized retail corporation, but we run each store as if it were a small business and make sure that our local customers are nothing but satisfied with our service and product. People will pay a bit more for great service and honesty!

Do not only support you LFS's by shopping, but as John says, tell everyone you know of your good experiences. I tell strangers about things when they are asking opinions at my store, and having nothing to do with my industry give them my honest take on whatever i am speaking to, this has included LFS' more than once...

Kim

John, thank you very much, I appreciate your kind words, and I back up everything you say, members don't realize that sitting behind the computer and typing about the hobby just isn't the same as having a place to go and hang out with the same faces and meet other people who have the same passion as you do, the store was more than just a place to do business, it was a place to enjoy, learn and see the livestock close up, see how the fish is acting, if he backs up and spits water at you to get fed, lets see you pull that off online :). See the colors of a coral as to how it would look in your tank, not photographed to look a certain way, see if the LPS is actually receeding, before you bring it home... and so on.

I am going to miss everything about it, and I do ask all other members to support the LFS's, especially the ones that have some knowledge and don't spend all of their time putting down everyone else, trying to make you think they are the best,

Thanks to everyone that came out and supported me and thank you John

Adam

This stinks!!!!!! We will miss you Adam.

(edited)

I was at BRK for the first time this past weekend... GORGEOUS Corals! Many Choices... Fantastic service! John and his associate was wonderful. (wish I remembered his associates name to give him props) And although 40min from my house... This is my new store! I can't say enough about this store. I bought a bunch of whole colonies...10 to be exact. So much fun! Great prices...(Bring cash.. help them avoid card charges... it will help you too!). Thanks Guys!... and Thank to John Yauger for telling me about these guys!

Bill Rivera

MODS WANT TO MOVE THIS TO VENDOR EXPERIENCE PLEASE.

Anytime Billy, how is everything looking?

John

Edited by johnnybv

John, thank you very much, I appreciate your kind words, and I back up everything you say, members don't realize that sitting behind the computer and typing about the hobby just isn't the same as having a place to go and hang out with the same faces and meet other people who have the same passion as you do, the store was more than just a place to do business, it was a place to enjoy, learn and see the livestock close up, see how the fish is acting, if he backs up and spits water at you to get fed, lets see you pull that off online :). See the colors of a coral as to how it would look in your tank, not photographed to look a certain way, see if the LPS is actually receeding, before you bring it home... and so on.

I am going to miss everything about it, and I do ask all other members to support the LFS's, especially the ones that have some knowledge and don't spend all of their time putting down everyone else, trying to make you think they are the best,

Thanks to everyone that came out and supported me and thank you John

Adam

Thank you Adam,

The Sun Coral and Aussie Elegance we got from you is doing amazing! If you are in the Leesburg area and want to see it please let me know. It is triple the size now!

Yeah I've done some shopping there at Today's Pet for both live goods and dry. I got a FANTASTIC deal on a huge pipe organ coral when they first opened. I think I paid like $40 buckets for it, I kept waiting for someone to say it was mislabeled or something as I would have easily paid twice or more for it. Also picked up some emerald crabs from them.

Decent coral tank there too, lots of neat stuff but mostly along the lines of things that can sting so I haven't paid really close attention since I have seahorses.