DDiver

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the address

11790A Baron Cameron Ave.

Reston, Va 20190

in the Home Depot Center...intersection of Reston Parkway and Baron Cameron Avenue..

The tank is 80% filled with saltwater and 70% of the aquascaping is done.Of course i forgot to take a picture before i left, i was so tired...sorry guys and gals!

It's not pho...I was just asking Adam if he's had pho before ....it's just Thai noodle soup..

Vietnamese, Thai all the same thing. You gonna have sweet and sour pork on the menu too right? :laugh:

Vietnamese, Thai all the same thing. You gonna have sweet and sour pork on the menu too right? :laugh:

yea yea, we all look the same too ;)

TOTAL HIJACK

OK I need to figure out this whole pho phenomenon. I must be missing out...I live in Leesburg so until his restaurant is open where should I go to try it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I LOVE Pho....but also adore Thai noodle soup too....

I personally feel like its the Asian version of chicken noodle soup...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (also the best soups for migraines as long as MSG isn't added!)

(Offtopic) Thai soup story!

We were travelling Thailand in 2008. Got kickass, scorching hot soup. Wife ate a chunk of galanga root (its like a potent ginger sorta)... she thought it was going to burn its way out of her stomach... lesson learned: don't eat all the bits in Thai soup!

I am totally going to have to bring the wife when you have the tank up... looks awesome.

And as to the scratch removal - I am currently buffing out many year's worth of scratches and use from my acrylic tank. I'm around 15 hours invested... and only have one 2x2 side, and a 2x7' front done. Ugh.

i think we should organize a very unofficial wamas night....kinda take over the joint and take all the tables around the tank :cheers:

anyone in?

I have a babysitter most friday nights so thats a night I would vote for LOL

(Offtopic) Thai soup story!

We were travelling Thailand in 2008. Got kickass, scorching hot soup. Wife ate a chunk of galanga root (its like a potent ginger sorta)... she thought it was going to burn its way out of her stomach... lesson learned: don't eat all the bits in Thai soup!

I am totally going to have to bring the wife when you have the tank up... looks awesome.

And as to the scratch removal - I am currently buffing out many year's worth of scratches and use from my acrylic tank. I'm around 15 hours invested... and only have one 2x2 side, and a 2x7' front done. Ugh.

Wade, there is no reason it should take that long to buff out scratches unless there are TONS of them and they are fairly deep. As I don't want to detract from the build thread, if you like, you can PM me or email me and let me know the situation and what materials/methods you have been using to work on it and maybe I could throw you some pointers to help expedite some of the process.

Billy started off trying to use Novus compound and I showed him a much faster, easier way of doing things when I went over to help fix the few scratches that he had.

I LOVE Pho....but also adore Thai noodle soup too....

I personally feel like its the Asian version of chicken noodle soup...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside (also the best soups for migraines as long as MSG isn't added!)

Nope, no MSG added...just whatever might be in the premade bottled stuff like oyster sauce etc...

My mom is actually pretty health conscious so you don't need to worry about that :)

Stop arguing with Dave and post the wet pic already LOL.

tank is still cloudy :(

i think we should organize a very unofficial wamas night....kinda take over the joint and take all the tables around the tank :cheers:

anyone in?

I have a babysitter most friday nights so thats a night I would vote for LOL

we could make that happen..maybe on a weekend.

Here you go, still cloudy...I just put on filter socks earlier today.That was from pouring 2 bags of sand after I got some water in it...I put 6 bags in prior to filling it up to avoid this very problem but ended up short and couldn't wait to start filling.After much money and frustration , the tank is finally cycling...can't wait to see how clear it is...so siked!

post-2631591-0-14285400-1365642692_thumb.jpg

Nice branching rockwork. I like that, well done.

thank you