DDiver's 300g/Restaurant Build

DDiver

Billy, I think about stopping by every time I drive through the area (1-2x per week)... haven't done so since December and no one was there, but will have to take a peek!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife or I have never had Thai. Can't wait to come and try it out!

Get ready to live.

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, been totally swamped the past couple of weeks operating on caffeine and 4 hours of sleep...The tank is 85% plumbed.Can't do too much else right now because the fish tank area is getting painted.I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

We are looking to open in about 3 weeks so everything is on overdrive.It will come down right to the wire as far as getting the tank filled,cycled and somewhat stocked.Would be very disappointing if we had to open the doors with no livestock....

But those guys on that show fill and stock a tank right there and its ready to go, and those guys are a bunch of amatuers... You can do it.!!!!!

But those guys on that show fill and stock a tank right there and its ready to go, and those guys are a bunch of amatuers... You can do it.!!!!!

If only i could afford pallets of Nutri seawater...

Got the lights hung, after much frustration.A bad bulb ended up blowing the ballast and I had to take it down and replace it then put them back up again.Thank God for wire suspension.

post-2631591-0-94369000-1365146966_thumb.jpg

To the supplement the T5s and get some shimmering action I got 2 Reefbrite strips..

post-2631591-0-64698400-1365147268_thumb.jpg

The lighting are on a dedicated 20amp AFCI with GFCI gang boxes.

Doin a little scratch removal...how it got scratches already is beyond me..

post-2631591-0-44312900-1365233775_thumb.jpg

So excited to read this Billy! Jon and I love Thai, and fish tanks of course! And we know yours will be beautiful. Its like having a tank tour open at any time! We promise to stop by next time we're up that way. Wishing you all the best!

Maureen and Jon

Thank you Maureen, I hope to see you guys soon.

Doin a little scratch removal...how it got scratches already is beyond me..

You look cozy in there.

Look what I just got...an LE Artfully Adam...

post-2631591-0-26041600-1365300421_thumb.jpg

Of course I managed to put another scratch on it after he left...sigh

Look what I just got...an LE Artfully Adam...

I think you can only keep one of those in the tank short term...though feeding will be easy...I hear they can sustain on Thai :)

I think you can only keep one of those in the tank short term...though feeding will be easy...I hear they can sustain on Thai :)

I don't even have him that long and it seems as though he already needs a new tank ;) he like a hippo tang lol

Update on the new scratch- I called Adam in a panic hoping I wouldn't have to make him drive back but he told me to pick up a buffing kit from HD and instructed me on how to remove the scratch and it was as easy as baking a cake...looks like I might have a new gig ;)

I don't even have him that long and it seems as though he already needs a new tank ;) he like a hippo tang lol

:cry: :cry: You two are devilishly evil! Good thing Billy waited till AFTER I talked him through it on the phone to post this...Otherwise my instructions would have been different...."Get a package of steel wool and scrub real hard till it comes out" ROFLMAO!!

Oh and with that sly pic of me in the tank...Where's Tom? Someone may want to warn him not to look at this thread...last time I did a merman shot in our stores frag tank he said he had nightmares LOL.

Update on the new scratch- I called Adam in a panic hoping I wouldn't have to make him drive back but he told me to pick up a buffing kit from HD and instructed me on how to remove the scratch and it was as easy as baking a cake...looks like I might have a new gig ;)

Easier than baking a cake...even for the likes of you :bounce: . For the "several" scratches you had me come check out it took all of what...20 minutes? =). Gotta love how easy it is to make acrylic look brand new again :wig: .

BTW...LOVE the restaurant and setup. Everyone...you will love coming to see this place when it opens. I know I will...and already did...hehe...great pho ;)... The tank's location is PERFECT. Everyone will be able to enjoy it from anywhere in the restaurant...except maybe the kitchen but they will be busy making yum food for everyone there =).

Grand opening in 2 weeks...I will make an announcement here when we work out the final details...

Let us know if you need to do a "mock opening" with WAMAS members as your beta testers :tongue:

we have a big family so we'll probably do a soft opening with family and close friends...but everyone will be welcome to attend the grand opening event where we will have a tasting of 5 different dishes and tank tour.

(edited)

TOTAL HIJACK

OK I need to figure out this whole pho phenomenon. I must be missing out...I live in Leesburg so until his restaurant is open where should I go to try it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sachabballi reef

It's not pho...I was just asking Adam if he's had pho before ....it's just Thai noodle soup..