My Acans Collection

hlem

Got bored... and took out the camera and actually got some decent pics :)

IMG_6913.JPG

IMG_6914.JPG

IMG_6915.JPG

IMG_6916.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6923.JPG

One of my oldest, first, rainbow...

IMG_6927.JPG

IMG_6934.JPG

some new stuff

IMG_6931.JPG

IMG_6932.JPG

This one is a new one from Steve (incredible corals)

IMG_6919.JPG

Not an acan, but yeah..

IMG_6933.JPG

everything looks good under the magic blue light. what do they look like under white light?

Why does that make a difference? They look great, you think turning on a day bulb will make them look like junk?

everything looks good under the magic blue light. what do they look like under white light?

sure thing. here is a pic with a pure white flashlight, all other lights off, no blue whatsoever. I hope my taste got your approval :)

IMG_6939.JPG

IMG_6941.JPG

IMG_6937.JPGIMG_6938.JPG

Why does that make a difference? They look great, you think turning on a day bulb will make them look like junk?

No I don't think turning on a day bulb will make them look like junk. I just wanted to see what they really look like.

The magic blue light is nice, but the majority of us have daylight included in our lighting systems.

FWIW, Darren (lowsingle) uses a majority of blue light on his tank and the chalices look crazy. When the collection was housed in my tank and I could see them under 12k-ish light, they really showed their true colors and weren't washed out by the heavy saturation of blue. All of the non-fluorescent tissue gets seen better under a mix of blue and white. IMO.

Wow those are still sick! Love that last one. I want that for the display at the shop.

when the shop is ready, let me know. i fragged up a baby a few weeks ago, :)

• 1 month later...
(edited)

What lights are they growing under? They are always so happy and healthy looking...

I have all my LPS under LEDs, the one picture above was taken under all blues, but you can see some pics way up top, they are ~3B/2W ratio, and a few were under pure white flash light (to please Rob) :)

Those look great! I have one acan but would really like to add some more to my LPS collection soon (after saving some more $$$). What do you feed yours?

I feed them everything, flakes, frozen, pellets, and black worms.

Edited by hlem

Those acans are sick...you can't get acans more gorgeous than that. I'm also curious about the lighting you use too. LED plus T5s? And how often do you feed your's?

(edited)

Those acans are sick...you can't get acans more gorgeous than that. I'm also curious about the lighting you use too. LED plus T5s? And how often do you feed your's?

LED is a custom DIY cree fixture, no T5, all LEDs. I feed whenever I'm motivated LOL... Which is like once or twice a month if I'm active, else once every 1-2 months, sometime longer. No set feeding schedule.

Edited by hlem

LED is a custom DIY cree fixture, no T5, all LEDs. I feed whenever I'm motivated LOL... Which is like once or twice a month if I'm active, else once every 1-2 months, sometime longer. No set feeding schedule.

Woohoo. Good to hear. All LEDs here too and I feed mine when I feel like it. If mine's grow half as big and look half as nice as your's, I'll be happy.

I agree but for some odd reason they don't last in my tank. my tank is clean and everything really grows quickly and thrive. I get great colors it's just those darn acans

I agree but for some odd reason they don't last in my tank. my tank is clean and everything really grows quickly and thrive. I get great colors it's just those darn acans

well, there is your problem.. too clean... lol... jk... i have everything growing in my tank, but SPS does the worst. i get hit or miss with SPS, but acans is always fine for some reason