A Vivid 400 Gallon Reef Aquarium - Video

Ryan S

Both awesome tanks. One thing I have found with tanks lit solely by T5s or LEDs is that they lack good coloration in the reds. Has anyone else noticed that?

Both awesome tanks. One thing I have found with tanks lit solely by T5s or LEDs is that they lack good coloration in the reds. Has anyone else noticed that?

With T5s you can correct that with a pink bulb or two, which makes the red's flouresce.

I agree with led's not doing very good with reds.

Doesn't WWC run T5? What bulbs did they use? Colors always looked top notch to me.

On the subject of reds - I just got Acan led's from Quantum Reefs for my 360g and they really make reds and purples seem to pop. So far I'm still adding test corals which are mostly green, but my red zoas and monti look pretty nice so far. They had a video up on here for them I thought (which I now can't find at work) but they're simply awesome in person.

Very beautiful video btw, thanks for sharing!

How many times have you changed your mind on the lighting now Ryan? I'm having a hard time keeping up. tongue.gif

I agree with led's not doing very good with reds.

Doesn't WWC run T5? What bulbs did they use? Colors always looked top notch to me.

Not for the acros. For everything else they did.

I'm referring to just the reds in acros. Zygote u got pics? :biggrin:

Setosa looks orange, Mystic Sunset looks deep red, red cap looks red. I really have zero issue with any of the colors of corals.