2x MP10 or 1x MP40

Rafal

Hi.

I have 45G cube (24x24x18) and I'd like to add more flow. Right now I have 1xMP10w ES. Glass thickness is 3/8 (max for MP10).

Which configuration will be best for cube - 2x MP10 or 1xMP40. Having 2x MP10 I can use wireless communication.

Thanks,

Rafal

1 mp10 is way more than enough for such a small tank. If you put it into "blue breathing" mode, and on full power, you'll create enough flow to see a visible wave and provide enough flow for an SPS tank.

If you're doing anything but SPS, you've got too much flow.

I had a 60cube (24"cube) with two MP10s on the back wall. One was 6" in from the side and 12" from the bottom, the 2nd was 6" in from the opposite side and 18" from the bottom. Both were on 50-60% reef crest mode. The tank bottom was crushed coral (fairly large particle size) and I never had a problem with blowing sand. IMO, the water movement in the tank was awesome and my LPS/softie corals did great and looked even better in the flow.

Today I'm using those two MP10s as secondary flow in my 120. I have MP40s on the sidewalls and the MP10s are on the back wall on a switch that is turned on when the main pump is off for feeding.

I would use 2 myself. They can work together to create flow patterns that 1 alone couldn't achieve. I like the look of 2 more than 1 as well. And if, down the road, you want more SPS, your tank will be able to handle it. If they are too powerful, just turn them both down. Someone was selling a MP10 for like $150 on the boards not long ago I think. It's not like adding a second one is that expensive I suppose.

with zoas you're gonna have to dial it way back. place your sps close to the mp10 and you'll be fine. make sure your rockwork is conducive to proper flow within the tank.

+1... I agree unless its an SPS heavy tank.. I had 2 MP10s on my 48x18x18 and it was to much flow for my tank, I only use 1 now, dead smack in the middle of the back glass and have a great pulsating wave action.