Pleasant surprise

Glenn

Yesterday was my day for a big water change (I missed the last water change) and today I cleaned the skimmer and media reactor. What a weird, but pleasant, surprise when I put the reactor on the counter. I have no real idea, but a suspicion, what is swimming in it but it's pretty neat. And since they have seemed to find a home and FOOD ?? in the reactor, I left them there - But I'll be sure to check on them every day to see if the continue to progress.

I don't think any of the pictures show it, the the larger fry seem to have a 'split tail' if this helps anyone ID them. The only known pair that I have in the tank is my B&W "saddleback" clowns and they have spawned several times but I've never seen a free-swimmer in the tank. (For the record, the media reactor is in the sump.)

Here's some of the dozen pics I took

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

After reading Sam's response I got out my flashlight and looked around the sump - sure enough, I found LOTS of little 'fleas' buzzing around the chunks of rocks. I guess I didn't lose them all from the bag I dumped back in the winter.

Thanks for all the responses :-)