Anyone know where to buy ammonia?

nbgen12

Im trying to get my tank cycle started this evening but cant find ammonia anywhere in stores. Anyone have a clue? Ive been all over the vienna and fairfax

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

(edited)

Ace hardware on main st in fairfax has. some....gotta haul over there real quick

Edited by nbgen12

Nice...if anyone needs any i bought a gallon and cant imagine using anywhere close to all of it

Normally it's in the grocery - in the cleaning aisle along with detergents, bleach, mops, and such.

+1

Normally it's in the grocery - in the cleaning aisle along with detergents, bleach, mops, and such.

grocery did have that stuff, but they all had sufactants or whatever it's called in the solution so I passed on it. Ace Hardware has the right stuff.

grocery did have that stuff, but they all had sufactants or whatever it's called in the solution so I passed on it. Ace Hardware has the right stuff.

You have to be careful. It's good that you passed on that stuff. The really cheap stuff used to be just pure ammonia. I guess they're not devoting shelf space to it in your area anymore.

pee in it, a whole lot cheaper.

LMAO + if you have some vodka and pickles the night before u can kill 2 birds as the saying goes amonia + dosing at the same time

• 2 weeks later...

(sorry not sure if this double posted). I get the Vokda joke but Pickles?? What does that do? I haven't come across that in my readings.

Anyone in the Silver Spring area... If you are looking for pure Ammonia to cycle a tank I just got 32oz at Strosniders hardware store. They are located in Bethesda, Potomic, and Silver Spring.