Free 120g in Sivler Spring, MD

amay121

If anyone wants to go get this today or tomorrow during the daytime I can volunteer to help on/head up your crew/manage the breakdown and transport.

I responded to this guy before I saw this post, news go fast lol. He said i am the first. It would be great if someone can help and go with me. More the better.

I only need few things from him rest could be shared unless I decide to keep his tank and then give away mine for free. i.e is if i decide to upgrade to 120 from my 90 tall.

Anyone wants to tag along and help me out.

he just emailed me i am third in line. Why would he say "Hey congratulations on being one of the very first responses". Anyways either way hope it comes to one of our club members.

(edited)

dbartco - that happens...

I listed a heavy duty punching bag for $20 on craigslist once. no takers. Offered it for free and got multiple responses with an offer for $40 within 30 minutes. Try to sell it, fight H-E-double hockey sticks. Offer it for free, get double your asking price. Human monetary psychology is a funny thing.

flooddc - does he need help picking up?

Edited by wogga

Chuck if your brother needs some sand let me know. I have a 15 lbs bucket full of dead sand. Free he can have it.

dbartco - that happens...

I listed a heavy duty punching bag for $20 on craigslist once. no takers. Offered it for free and got multiple responses with an offer for $40 within 30 minutes. Try to sell it, fight H-E-double hockey sticks. Offer it for free, get double your asking price. Human monetary psychology is a funny thing.

flooddc - does he need help picking up?

He asked me and a cousin to help him. If we need need more help I'll let you know. Thanks for the offer.

Chuck if your brother needs some sand let me know. I have a 15 lbs bucket full of dead sand. Free he can have it.

Thanks, I think he will be giving some of those sand away as well.

Was he able to pick it up? You never know what the deal is with CL people... they could just fake out at the last minute.

Was he able to pick it up? You never know what the deal is with CL people... they could just fake out at the last minute.

Will see what's happen tomorrow. I am going with him and a cousin tomorrow.

I'm curious as to its condition & why the guy is giving it away. I think sometimes people give big stuff away because they have no way to move it and don't have enough time to sell it.

I'm curious as to its condition & why the guy is giving it away. I think sometimes people give big stuff away because they have no way to move it and don't have enough time to sell it.

We picked up. Quite a lot of work for 3 men crew. Your're absolutely right on "people give big stuff away because they have no way to move it and don't have enough time to sell it". Turned out he injured his leg in a accident and also lost everything in the tank during the 4 days power outage. Equipment are decent and in good condition. off brand MH system. Anyway, can't complained when it "Free".

Very sad for the guy. I would like to know how many people considered getting out because of the outage.

I saw a 75g free on CL, but the guy e-mailed back someone had already arranged to take it (it was only 2 hours after posting time). I'm surprised it went so fast given that the guy said the tank had a leak (I would have stripped the silicone and re-sealed it). I guess I'm not that lucky,