Why does this Angelfish spit food out?

Jan

(edited)

It's the Male Watanabei Angelfish that had ich, swollen eye and injury to it's side. He's a big fish about 6.5". I've tried mysis, cyclopeeze, rotifers and today my fish food, again. He finally started taking nips at the food but then he spits it out. He gets excited whenever I put food in the tank but I never see him eat. I've attempted force feeding once. I have to do it again but it's difficult when the fish is not sedated. Does he do this because he is suffuring with anorexia? I've read about fish being so stressed that they become anorexic. He ate last week.

Does anyone know what I can use to sedate a fish? I'll try anything. apparently he's healthy enough to still be alive. He swims around just fine. He was also flashing last night. He kept flashing his swollen eye against whatever he could find. I thought he would abrade it but he didn't.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Edited by Jan

Really? OK. I'll call them now. thanks so much!

Pretty sure Pristine aquariums in Alexandria has them. 703 823-7878

They answered. They have them. I'm there! TY!!!

Our phones at work are down too, I work like 10 min from them.

(edited)

I got them. Hey Pristine has some awesome looking fish. They also have a huge assortment of foods. They also have the largest hermit crabs I have ever seen. Those bad boys are as big as my fist.

Edited by Jan

(edited)

What about a garlic & Selcon soak of the food before adding to the tank?

Edited by schudini

He wont eat them. Everything is soaked in garlic extreme and brightwell HUFA. I have to force feed. Ugh!

He's with two others that are eating fine.

Is he by himself or is he in with other fish that are eating well?

how about allowing the fish to relax and get used to its' surroundings? make the qt tank natural looking as possible and the fish will probably eat.

These fish have been in Qt for 2 weeks now. If its not used to its surroundings by now it never will be.

how about allowing the fish to relax and get used to its' surroundings? make the qt tank natural looking as possible and the fish will probably eat.

what about some algae sheets with a little fresh garlic juice pressed onto it?? I dont really like the garlic extreme.. doesnt smell as good as fresh juice..lol

These fish have been in Qt for 2 weeks now. If its not used to its surroundings by now it never will be.

If you got transported to an alien world where a giant grabbed you and shoved tubes in your orifices, would you be adjusted to it in two weeks?

If you got transported to an alien world where a giant grabbed you and shoved tubes in your orifices, would you be adjusted to it in two weeks?

Ahaha! Maybe if the tube contained something tasty like Lasagna :laugh:

I guess it would depend on the orifice! :eek: