Asking for a donation

zygote2k

One of our maintenance accounts is Childrens Hospital in Falls Church. They have 2 freshwater tanks and 2 saltwater tanks. All 4 of the tanks were purchased and equipped by 2 employees. Last year they hired us to do maintenance to take it off of their (busy) hands. One of the reef tanks has a HOB Deltec skimmer that is dying and they can't afford to replace it. I was wondering if anyone can either donate a new skimmer pump for the Deltec or donate a CPR bakpak skimmer as a replacement? I believe this would be a fully tax deductible donation.

Which model of Deltec do they have? What pump does it use? Which size CPR would you want?

It's an MCE600. It's whatever pump comes with it. Or a CPR BakPak2R reef-ready to match the other tank.

Childrens Hospital on Route 50? On the 2nd floor? The cancer center?

Yes- 2nd floor cancer center. Mary Chandler and Kelly Cole are the 2 ladies who initially bought and maintained the aquariums.

I have a cpr backpack but the box piece that goes inside broke off in the corner. It could be glued or perhaps another piece could replace it. It's not being used as my tanks are skimmerless. You are welcome to it.

Rob-

How big is the tank? I have an Aqua-C that I could donate. You're welcome to come get it any time. I also have a lot of powerheads and some other equipment that may be useful to them. I'll be here all weekend.

Steve

I have a cpr backpack but the box piece that goes inside broke off in the corner. It could be glued or perhaps another piece could replace it. It's not being used as my tanks are skimmerless. You are welcome to it.

what model?

Rob-

How big is the tank? I have an Aqua-C that I could donate. You're welcome to come get it any time. I also have a lot of powerheads and some other equipment that may be useful to them. I'll be here all weekend.

Steve

they are both 55's. One has a Deltec MCE600 and the other is a new Bakpak reef model. I need one or the other.

Off topic but is this the cancer place we had the benefit auction for at DaveS' place?

No clue.

will it work as the sole filtration for the 55?

It should.....it's rated for a 75g. I can't give you a guarantee, but it's an Aqua-C in good working order and it's free.

It should.....it's rated for a 75g. I can't give you a guarantee, but it's an Aqua-C in good working order and it's free.

thanks. I can pick it up next weekend.

Let me know if you ever need help there. I'm five minutes away and my daughters pediatrician is on the same floor.

Since you seem to have the skimmer taken care of, is there anything else you need, maybe corals or livestock?

Here is the old thread I mentioned earlier:

http://www.wamas.org/forums/topic/26624-childrens-center-for-cancer-and-blood-disorders-twin-65g-reefs/page__p__234442__fromsearch__1&?do=findComment&comment=234442

The tanks are really 55g each. The Deltec MCE600 on the right side died last Dec and Mary replaced it with the Bakpak. Now the other Deltec is dying- hence me asking for a replacement. The left side tank has always been the tank of doom, while the right tank is fluorishing. The left still has a RBTA and a million starfish, but full of excess algae, cyano, dino. I did a massive w/c and thorough cleaning on Thursday and we'll see what happens. They do also need CUC and T5 bulbs. There are 4 white and 2 blue 48" over each tank.

ive got a coralive 125 skimmer with a pump, i used it on my 55g for a while, its tempermental but once it settles in it would run fine for a while.

let me know if you want it.

Evan-

thanks for the offer but I'll have to pass. The Deltec is temperamental too and I'm trying to get stuff to put on there that is rock solid.

I can give you an aquabee pump for the deltec HOB skimmer. I dont have a good impeller but if your broken one has a good impeller that might be a good fix for you.

David