Killing large palythoa

roni

I've got a few large brown palythoa that snuck in on a rock. I'm planning on killing them this weekend. I know we're not supposed to remove the rocks and steam them due to the toxins getting aerosilized However, any downside to injecting with kalk ala aiptasia?

My plan is to inject 3-4 individuals every few days until they are gone.

I've just been slowly coating them with kalk to get rid of them in my tank. Last time I removed a rock (let alone touched them with my bare hands) I ended up sick and miserable.

Just wear gloves :)

I would run some carbon during this time to catch any toxins released. If the rock is small and can be removed I would pull it and let it dry out, wash it, then return it.

I've just been slowly coating them with kalk to get rid of them in my tank. Last time I removed a rock (let alone touched them with my bare hands) I ended up sick and miserable.

Just wear gloves :)

I would run some carbon during this time to catch any toxins released. If the rock is small and can be removed I would pull it and let it dry out, wash it, then return it.

too large to remove. It's the base of my rock structure on the right. Good idea about carbon. Will do.

If it is just 1-2, I frequently inject them with something bad using a syringe (vinegar is my usual choice, but kalk works well too).

Hopefully no one reads about me in the paper this weekend :) Bob, the onyx really took to the picasso. Put some video up on my thread.