Can a clown change its host?

sen5241b

My maroon clown has been hosting my big maxima clam for a month or so and annoying the H-E-double hockey sticks out it although the clam doesn't look worse. Is there a chance he would switch to an anemone if I put one in mt tank?

Not necessarily though. I have a clown that is hosting a brain and after putting two difference nems in the tank, it's still living in the brain.

My female took a liking to a devils hand when my rbta's died. Went back to the rbta when I added a new one but I still catch her napping on the leather sometimes without her male.

Try taping a pic up to the tank of a similar clown in an anemone, I know I've been getting some laughs from the idea, but I'd like to see if it works for others as well. tongue.gif

My Maroon Crown keeps switching between the 2 BTAs all day long.

I used to have a tank with 50 BTAs in it and the Tomatoe Clowns slept in a different one almost every night.

My clowns jump between GBTA and duncan. For a while the male was also going in the PG hammer, but then every time he went in it, I chased him around and around until he got tired of me doing it. After a few days of that, the clown left the hammer alone permanently. I had to put the duncan next to the GBTA, though, so the clowns would always be together... both of them take turns going back and forth.

Thx, all good info. I really don't want to move the clam cause he is attached to a rock at the base of my rock-work. I might try putting the end of a plastic bottle over the clam for a few days. I do like the idea of taping a pic of a clown to the glass.