Where to buy glass baffles

darkcirca

Can someone recommend a shop or someone to purchase glass from (probably pre-cut)? We are going to be making a new sump and need some new baffles.

Wouldn't mind ordering online, but would love to find something around Northern VA (I'm in the Chantilly area).

Can someone recommend a shop or someone to purchase glass from (probably pre-cut)? We are going to be making a new sump and need some new baffles.

Wouldn't mind ordering online, but would love to find something around Northern VA (I'm in the Chantilly area).

one of my customers just had 5 baffels cut for about 50 bucks at a glass shop in manassas over by eastern motors, libera ave area

john

home depot or lowes sells and cuts glass

Last time I had looked (granted it was a few years ago when building this last sump), they didn't have anything thicker than like 1/8".

Home depo's glass is to thin. I got mine cut at A1 glass or something in Manassas, perfect cuts and they even sanded the edges. Before that I got a couple cut at home depo and they told me it was going to be a certain size and thickness and all the cuts were way off and the thickness was actually less than what they said it would be. A1 cut me four baffels for I think 30 bucks total.

Home depo's glass is to thin. I got mine cut at A1 glass or something in Manassas, perfect cuts and they even sanded the edges. Before that I got a couple cut at home depo and they told me it was going to be a certain size and thickness and all the cuts were way off and the thickness was actually less than what they said it would be. A1 cut me four baffels for I think 30 bucks total.

Did you buy your glass there as well?

I'll have to check out Banner Glass and see if I can locate the one in Manassas. Since our sump is glass, I'd rather go with glass baffles this time around.

I bought my baffles from Del Rey glass - 3/8" - in the Southern Alexandria area (Rt 1 near the Wal Mart). I don't remember it being either terribly expensive or cheap, but they did a great job meeting my specifications and putting an edge dressing on it so I wouldn't cut myself on it while working with it.

Remember that when the baffles are placed in a tank they should have the bottom corners cut back about 3/16 of an inch at a 45-degree angle. This is to allow for room for the existing silicone caulking in the tank. Allowing for the glass to sit on the bottom for a better fit and not having a gap along the bottom edge of the baffle that you have to 'fill' with silicone.

Any baffles that are not in contact with the bottom, this is not required.

Did you buy your glass there as well?

I'll have to check out Banner Glass and see if I can locate the one in Manassas. Since our sump is glass, I'd rather go with glass baffles this time around.

Yea origanly bought some at lowes and the a1 glass was perfectly cut and I picked it up the next day.

Yea origanly bought some at lowes and the a1 glass was perfectly cut and I picked it up the next day.

Thanks a bunch. I'm going to look into them too. I want to get everything figured out by this weekend, as I feel like we are just waiting for the OceanRunner to fail. Wish I had more room for something bigger than a 20 gallon sump, but it's better than nothing.